• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damn Fireworks

Den

Mama Doe
My poor babies are stressed enough having just been to vets to have their claws trimmed and now some:censored: is letting off fireworks in their back garden.

I actually like watching fireworks but my view on garden ones has changed dramatically since I got my bunnies and I'm now firmly in the organised display only camp.:wave:

Awh poor bunnies :(

Have you been and checked on them? I used to worry a lot when mine were outdoors, then sat out with a blanket to watch how scared they were to decide if I should bring them in and neither even noticed the fireworks most of the time :roll: they slept or played through them, only the really loud single bangs would maybe alert them, but only for a split second, it at least reassured me that they were actually ok! I hope yours aren't too stressed out x

Awh poor bunnies :(

Have you been and checked on them? I used to worry a lot when mine were outdoors, then sat out with a blanket to watch how scared they were to decide if I should bring them in and neither even noticed the fireworks most of the time :roll: they slept or played through them, only the really loud single bangs would maybe alert them, but only for a split second, it at least reassured me that they were actually ok! I hope yours aren't too stressed out x

I think I'm more stressed on their behalf although fortunately the fireworks are more of the 'fizzy' kind so far and not the really loud banging kind. They were more stressed going to the vets. Both have just tucked into a big bowl of Hay Experts Plantain, Nancy is currently flopped and Will is nomming hay. Please disregard my first post.:lol::lol:

Aaahhh glad they are ok. There are few going off up here, but my bunnies are just nomming their nuggets, just me jumping then ! :lol:

I'm always worried on behalf of Lilly, but she's rarely concerned about anything :lol: I hope your rabbits stay calm and chilled! I can just imagine them rolling their eyes at you thinking "silly humans, how do they not realise that we're super brave awesome bunnies?!!" :p

Rabbits fine

Guinea pigs fine

Hamsters fine

Dogs one fine
one a shivering wreck who has been under the bed most of the evening ...

We have had people doing them here tonight aswell. I get so stressed keeping the bunnies calm around bonfire night, it is so annoying when people do it suddenly on nights you wouldn't necessarily expect them on!! The buns have a CD player on to mask the sounds, but I can't play it all the time in the week before and after really.

My mums cat bolts to random hidey places in the house and won't come out for anybody for hours. I dread to think where she would go if she happened to be outside when some get set off on a random day.

Been going on must of the evening here too. I've been watching mine on the buncam and they don't seem to be bothered at all apart from occasionally looking up when there's a banger. It's much more fun to nom hay.

Hope everyone's rabbits (and other animals) are all okay.
Waiting to see what my new girls think of them. None of the animals we've had in the past have ever been bothered by them. Our German Shepherd isn't bothered by them (though he is terrified by storms), my Degu's never seemed worried and my beautiful Willow didn't seem bothered by them either. Even when she was in the shed for a while many years back (before becoming a house bunny again), I checked on her and she didn't seem worried.
Our next door neighbor had a few about a week ago and though Maple and Jazzie could hear them, I wouldn't say they were too bothered. Maple seemed to be a little interested and pricked her ears up, but didn't seem scared and just went back to eating :roll: So hopefully they will both be okay.

My buns aren't the slightest bit bothered by fireworks but my dog is terrified. Next weekend is closer to the 5th, I don't understand why anyone would have fireworks on Oct 31st?
I do wish they would only be sold from 1st Nov to the 5th

For the first year Hector was really scared by a firework in the field outside :cry:

Poor bunnies. You have my sympathy :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home last night about 11:30pm after being at friends' house and went out to check on Lopsy and remove the carpet from his hutch (before it got rained on this morning: success!): he was sat outside looking unperturbed and begged for food when I went up to the run. I'm guessing he wasn't bothered by the big display 10mins walk away, then! But then he also didn't jump when I dropped the run hatch this morning, nor when next door (car repair place) dropped something big the other week. He'll still get the carpet tonight (with added polythene) and for the rest of the week but it's up to him if he uses the hutch as a hideaway!

Back