• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever seen a long haired giant before?

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
Or is Chloe one of a kind :lol:

She's not overweight by the way, just extremely fluffy.
In fact so fluffy it causes problems so I cut her hair :)

WOW :shock: she is beautiful!

I've never seen a long haired giant before!!! In real life or in photos! (although in all honesty I've only ever seen one giant rabbit in real life :oops:)

I think we need an RU midlands meet up and Chloe most certainly needs to be invited!!!!!

WOW :shock: she is beautiful!

I've never seen a long haired giant before!!! In real life or in photos! (although in all honesty I've only ever seen one giant rabbit in real life :oops:)

I think we need an RU midlands meet up and Chloe most certainly needs to be invited!!!!!

:thumb: I'll let Chloe know, she will probably only agree to come if she gets lots of basil & mint though ;)

There is a breed called the 'giant angora' (4kg+) but they have ear tufts, which looks to be the only bit of her not covered in fluff :lol:

She looks most like a french angora (3.5kg) but I would guess she's probably an angora cross giant.

Either way, not very common at all to see a bun that big with that much fluff!

There is a breed called the 'giant angora' (4kg+) but they have ear tufts, which looks to be the only bit of her not covered in fluff :lol:

She looks most like a french angora (3.5kg) but I would guess she's probably an angora cross giant.

Either way, not very common at all to see a bun that big with that much fluff!

Shes about 5.5kg & her siblings/parents look nothing like her. I want her to go on a bunny Who Do You Think You Are to find out who she got the coat off :lol: I think she's part sheep!

Last edited:
:thumb: I'll let Chloe know, she will probably only agree to come if she gets lots of basil & mint though ;)

Basil and mint don't stay long in my fridge with my greedy Lilly around but I'm sure I could persuade her to let me have some of the herbs to give to Chloe :p

Oh my word!!! :love:

That must be one hell of a moult too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love her fluffy tail in the second picture, looks like she's sat on a fluffy guinea-pig or something! :lol: She's wonderful!

Also agreeing with Midlands meetup ;P

Wow, she is a stunner isn't she :love:. Absolutely beautiful.

Haha the strange thing is she doesn't seem to moult. She's an odd bun.

My fluffy bun doesn't moult much either. My Dutch is the shortest haired rabbit I've ever owned and he moults more than all of the rabbits I've had combined!

She is gorgeous!!!

I have Bungle who is a cashmere lop and his fur is a nightmare! He also doesn't moult unless he is brushed and then it comes out in huge clumps! He hate being brushed and so we end up cutting him really short but then he looks like a neglect case!

Wow, she is a stunner isn't she :love:. Absolutely beautiful.

My fluffy bun doesn't moult much either. My Dutch is the shortest haired rabbit I've ever owned and he moults more than all of the rabbits I've had combined!

Hmmm now you mention it, my long haired bunnies don't moult anywhere near as badly as my short haired ones. How odd.

And no, I've never seen a long hair giant before. Something g else that's only just occurred to me! So yeah, if you have a Midlands meet up & it's in the north Midlands, I'll come to meet the lovely Chloe! Lots of basil here ;)

Shes about 5.5kg & her siblings/parents look nothing like her. I want her to go on a bunny Who Do You Think You Are to find out who she got the coat off :lol: I think she's part sheep!

I'm in the same situation with my rabbit Ronnie, just on the opposite end of the scale:) He's about 2/3rds the size of a Netherland Dwarf (': and suuuuuper fluffy!

Back