• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maggie Boo Bear - Spay - U/D Metacam help

My baby girl Maggie Boo Bear has gone to the vets this morning to be spayed.

Dropped her off with her owl blankie, bunny teddy and a goody bag with a selection of hays, pellets and veggies.
I've been told that they would give me a ring around 2pm to let me know how she has got on. I am worrying already. :roll:

So can I have some Good Luck vibes sent her way from my fellow RU'rs.

P1060946.jpg

Last edited:
Maggie has been allowed home. I picked her up tonight.
She looks right sorry for herself, which is making me feel so guilty for putting her though this operation. :(

She was given pain medication today and has more for the next week (Metacam). Her wound is quite short because apparently she had the worlds smallest uterus.

She is doing okay and has pooped a few times. Although I haven't seen her eat yet, so I've given her all her favourite herbs and veggies to encourage her too. If she doesn't eat by 10pm, I will mix some critical care and syringe feed her.

Sorry I didn't get to add vibes for the op so I'm sending super huge ones for Maggie's recovery. Hope she eats something soon.

I felt exactly the same as you when I got my girls done. They both recovered well & still loves me :D

Maggie is a lot perkier and brighter this morning. She is pooping and peeing okay now.
I've seen her eating, which is good and I am happy she is starting to feel more like herself this morning.

Although she was a squirmy terror when I tried to give her her Metacam, I got more over her chin than in her mouth. Anyone any suggestions?

Sending lots of recovery vibes for Maggie, glad she is diong well.

My Blossom is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to medication, a right kicky, squirmy, wriggly thing, have tried lots of different ways but now I usually sit her between my knees on the floor and lean over her and try and find her mouth, we usually both end up wearing some of it, good luck.

Is there a tasty food (that's safe for bunnies) that's she's willing to eat you can mix the metacam into? Barney won't take his medicine from the syringe so I mix it with a little bit of organic baby food, or mashed banana or a spoonful of porridge, and he wolfs it down!

Good luck :)

Back