• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas please!

MadHatter

New Kit
Hi all, so....I currently have a 5ft hutch with ramp and double run underneath which is also permanently connected to a long run with litter tray and hay rack, fully covered. However, after seeing some of the amazing set ups on here I purchased this earlier this week as a bit of a project and was hoping some of you lovely people had some ideas as to how I can bunny proof and get the most out of it?

My buns are mini lops, nearly 6 months old. They have full run of the garden almost every day and when raining they come into the conservatory or if I'm out spend the day in their hutch and run so for those days I would like to make them a nice space. I love the runaround systems so not sure if I could incorporate those aswell...all advice/ideas welcomed and appreciated

Could you perhaps have it as an extra run area for them? Maybe put a mesh door over the front open side and link it up with a run around tube?
It might be useful to see a pic of your current set up for other ideas.

It looks like a useful construction and like you could make good use of it for your lucky buns!

:wave: How is the roof fixed? Just a thought you could double the height and have some shelves in there that they hop about between? x

Shelves sound like a good idea to me, you could either go for a high one or a low one e.g. 6" up and have a tunnel like bit at a the bottom with a hole to pop up through to the next level.

Back