• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mack's routine, finally got it down!

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
Problem: Mack needs way more food than the girls and eats ridiculously slowly.
Solution:
First, we trained him to go in to the carrier when I clap so we could shut him in there with food.
Second, we taught the girls that they won't get any food until they're on the floor well away from the carrier so they stop trying to get in with him.
Third, we found a new carrier that Mack can let himself out of but the girls can't get in to so I don't have to worry about letting him out (forgot more than once :oops:)

Very dull video :lol: but I'm so pleased we finally have something that works really well for us. It just shows how easily he goes in when I clap, and him letting himself out later.
I give up trying to imbed that!

I think I've fixed it now. I was trying to do it without having to bore all my facebook people :lol:

He is well trained - and very speedy too! Great solution, I like that he can let himself out afterwards too, even better.

Where did you buy that one? It's awesome!

It's a bracco 80. They've basically ripped off the design of the ferplast atlas mini (which is also in the video) but changed the door - huge improvement.
Ours was a cosmetically damaged one from amazon and was only £25.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Brilliant, absolutely love it.
How long did it take to train him? And train the girls not to be naughty?

Training lola to stay on the floor took a couple of days, training Rambo took weeks (maybe months!) as she's a particularly naughty and determined bun.
Getting Mack to go up on the shelf and in to the carrier whenever I clapped like that took about a week. He let himself out of the carrier on day 3 of having it. We had put in some time showing him how to do it but I'm not sure it helped any!

Training lola to stay on the floor took a couple of days, training Rambo took weeks (maybe months!) as she's a particularly naughty and determined bun.
Getting Mack to go up on the shelf and in to the carrier whenever I clapped like that took about a week. He let himself out of the carrier on day 3 of having it. We had put in some time showing him how to do it but I'm not sure it helped any!
All your hard work has certainly paid off.
Very inspiring.

Back