• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my rabbit?

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
So, from my recent post earlier today, I figured I should probably find out for certain what breed of rabbit Ronnie is. For a while I thought he was either a Dwarf Fox (cross from a Swiss Fox and a Netherland apparently) or a Jersey Wollie, which I believe is a cross between an Angora and a Netherland?

Either way, I'm at a bit of a loss for what breed he is. He is basically a really fluffy Netherland Dwarf, but much smaller! He probably only measures approx 8" when laying down (not stretched out) from bum to nose. He makes even my Nethis look big! Not to mention he has a dense coat as he's fairly long haired. He is a young rabbit, but if I was to scale him up to another rabbit I would guess he's near his full size being 6-9 months old.

Isn't he so squeee? :)

Nethie cross mop? Cashmere could be long fluff. Its not really lionhead style fluff. Could be a couple of generations from an angora.

I'll have to try get a better image tomorrow showing more of his body type characteristics. It'll make knowing his ideal weight abit easier knowing what breed he may be. On another thread already posted he is currently weighing 750g (so tiny) but he does feel abit boney so I'm thinking he'd be an ideal weight at 1kg, but again, I suppose it depends of the type of bunny he is. He's incredibly dosile, great when handled and wont put up a fuss at all.

Omg that's not a bunny! It's a fluffy rug masquerading as a bunny! :shock::lol:

I'd guess Nethie cross something. I don't think lionhead as he doesn't have the fluff around his head & face, just his body. Seriously he looks like someone's photo shopped a head into a fluffy rug :oops::lol:

I love super floofy bunnies though, they're awesome :love:

He is a beauty :) and he keeps his own coat immaculate, hardly needs brushing, though I do try to keep on top of brushing his underside for him, but I suppose being house with 8 other bunnies he's not short of a few groomers :) To me he's definitely nethi, though his face appears slightly narrower, and slightly more pointed. He's super soft, I'd love to cudle him all the time, but I know he'd probably hate that :lol:

Back