• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enrichment Scavenger Hunt - Week 3

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Time for Week 3 of the Enrichment Scavenger hunt! I hope your buns are enjoying it, I'm loving the pictures of them exploring and having fun :)

To recap, I post an item/task and you have to find it and take a picture of your bunny investigating or playing with it (or completely ignoring it whilst napping). It must be something new, not something your bunny already has.

Week 3: Provide something for your bunny to encourage them stretch - the longer the bun the better! I expect some food might be involved in this one. Post a picture and your bunnies opinion below.

Previous Weeks
Week 1 Outside Object: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?432162-Enrichment-Scavenger-Hunt-Week-1
Week 2 Boxes: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?432446-Enrichment-Scavenger-Hunt-Week-2

Okay... mmm... making plans...
Am away from tomorrow morn till Sunday, leaving my Buns :( in the very capable hands of OH :)
Yet it will mean they wont get any free range time till I'm back :( ...they have a shed and run to play in but they wont have me ( i'll probably pine more than them)

Although when I do get back they should be eager to play and engage with , unless they punish me for my misdeeds.

Will think on :thumb:

Lopsy:

10409018_10101341929147028_4404550749859888216_n.jpg

See, I don't MIND stretching, because it's not really that hard, but it's be oh so much better if my food was on the floor, where I can reach it easily! [But I see you're not trying your hardest, mate!]

10653632_10101341929191938_2011632247730879078_n.jpg

I can put my little feetsies on this handy bar here and reach all I like. [Not for long, mister: your new run will be standard mesh ;P Also, you moved...]

1010416_10101341929296728_5845669573931759552_n.jpg

But I don't stretch for long: I come and sit to eat my pickings [because you're a lazy toerag :love: ;P]

I managed to get some shots of Lopsy today because I was out DIYing with camera to hand :) We do this sort of thing all the time for him :)

Filled a paper bag with grass and sprinkled raisins in too, then hung it off the top bars of the run.

They were very cautious and looked a bit scared, which surprised me as they're normally brave babies!

Mum this is scary, don't leave us on our own!

Dany was first to try and get some grass from the top:

And with some encouragement Peach tentatively reached up and investigated:

I'm sure I will go out tomorrow morning and the bag will be ripped to bits and the grass and raisins will be long gone!

Aww, that's a clever way of making the stretch and like you say, I bet they have a lot of fun shredding the bag to get the last bits :lol:

Ooooh I just love the hanging paper bag, what a great idea! I'm going to have a rummage and see what I can find tomorrow :D

The only way to get Priscilla to stretch is to offer a raisin, and even then you get your fingers bitten:

(Barney was so lazy he would not participate, not even for raisins :roll:)

It's not very inventive I'm afraid, but a sure bet to get bunnies stretching is to hang some willow in from the top of the run!
IMG_5135_zpsf4b3b170.jpg

IMG_5136_zps96499600.jpg

IMG_5139_zpse30ceb30.jpg

Verdict: yummy, but why did you put them up there? We don't usually have to work so hard to get our supper.

Last edited:
For some reason neither of my two were up for stretching much today, even fenugreek crunchies didn't tempt them up which was annoying because being a big girl Rosie can get really high when she wants.

In the end I put brambles and some mint up in their outside shelter and this is the best I got, a headless Fiver not even doing a proper stretch!

Annoying teensy tiny photo, you can't see how gorgeous his little white tummy is :love:

Last edited:
I know I lost him, but can I include sox :cry:

hymm home grown veg is always the best, I am the taste tester and give the humans feedback

that was bun licious

Annoying teensy tiny photo, you can't see how gorgeous his little white tummy is :love:

Here you go, it got bigger if you clicked

DSCF0978_zps492426fa.jpg

He's got a lovely tummy :) It's the bonus of stretching you get to see all these lovely floofy tummies :love:

On the same subject, anyone else's bun(s) cross their feet when they stretch? Lopsy crosses his front paws rather than hold then side-by-side! It's a teensy bit cute.... :love:

Aww... I didn't get any floofy tummy stretches :(
I thought I'd try doing this..cos my Buns are still a bit camera shy when I've got it near them and I wasn't sure if either would respond to the task if they knew I was watching, so once it was set up I pretended to be doing something else..
Whilst I was very busy not looking :

Forest was first to approach this time..

Then he ran off and brought Ferni..

I think it was a bit exposed for her so she didn't stay for long...but Forest had a good try, until I realized I'd hung them a bit high..

Bless him... he left and I thought it was all over, until I lowered them. Soon he returned, Bless him, he was obviously trying very hard to be a good boy for Mummeh..

Then, suddenly he was up...it was the carrot tops that did it.. celery stick came 2nd... bramble leaves 3rd and dandelion root didn't even get a look in... Oh... he such a good (greedy bun) boy..

It's great for me cos a month or so ago, they would have both been too nervous to play.

Last edited:
On the same subject, anyone else's bun(s) cross their feet when they stretch? Lopsy crosses his front paws rather than hold then side-by-side! It's a teensy bit cute.... :love:

Yes! My Buster does this. It is soooo cute and makes him look v innocent (however the small bruise on my thigh from where he just nipped me would tell otherwise!).

Aww, he had a good try then, it's good they are gaining confidence and willing to try new things. I bet if you keep doing it now and then they'll get braver and braver. I like that you hung up different things. One of the things I was reading recently was about behaviour studies where they set up tasks that let the animals make choices, so they could find out what they thought about different things - I guess you know which is tastiest now!

Aww, he had a good try then, it's good they are gaining confidence and willing to try new things. I bet if you keep doing it now and then they'll get braver and braver. I like that you hung up different things. One of the things I was reading recently was about behaviour studies where they set up tasks that let the animals make choices, so they could find out what they thought about different things - I guess you know which is tastiest now!

Yes.. I do reckon i'll keep doing it.. they are still young, only 10 months, so are a bit like teenagers, enjoying new things... it was fun for me too, I'm always trying new things to do ( with myself ) whilst being alongside them, overseeing outdoor time, the trust is growing everyday. Bless them... am so proud of them both.... 6 months ago they were stressed, terrified little buns.

OK so late as usual but me and Blosskins have yet again managed to sneak in, hung her evening herbs from a pole, she didn't quite know what to do about it at first and kept running over to me as if to say "what's this all about then" but after a lot of pointing and wiggling of the pole she finally got the picture, or should I say I did.

This is a big stretch, better be worth it Human.

Mmm Quite tasty.

Back