• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alf's third Gotcha Day!

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
Three years ago today, I collected the bundle of skin and bones that was my Alfred.

He got EC when he was still a baby, which stunted his growth. The breeder kept him until he'd finished his medication and his symptoms had died down, and then we brought him home. He met Rosy Posy, his sister, and the size difference was clear to see. Weighing only 600g, at nearly 12 weeks old, he was dwarfed by his healthy sister of the same age.
devonalfiee097.jpg

He then, unfortunately, relapsed a few days later due to the stress. We were back and forth to the vets, and with every visit it seemed like it was getting closer to having to let him go to the bridge as he was deteriorating at an alarming rate. I can safely say that those few weeks were some of the worst I can remember. He hated me - and I mean hated - despite only being little, all he'd known from me was horrible vet visits and medications.

Thankfully, just when he seemed like he'd reached the point of no return, he picked up and to this day, he has not relapsed. He was neutered, fuelling his hatred of me even more, and bonded with Rosy Posy at long last. It was then that he actually began to like me :lol:

They really did love each other :love:
Hunstanton070912180.jpg

But then, when Alfie went into the vets for some investigations and Rosy didn't go with him (error on my part) Rosy rejected him :( They never did rebond, despite my many attempts. Rosy Posy ended up being rehomed, as it was not fair to keep her by herself outside, and Alfie came to live with me inside. He's so much happier away from Roo (she was a bit of a bully!) and I honestly love him being inside :love:

These three years have literally flown by - we've probably spent around 4 grand on him, at least 3 of that on treatment! but I absolutely adore my little boy :love:

29/10/11 - 29/10/14

ncnskl.jpg

2i1ky9j.jpg

dratdu.jpg

t8vrd5.jpg

20z5so0.jpg

2remyz7.jpg

bk205.jpg

2lm1a3s.jpg

2ccuex0.jpg

2py5iew.jpg

2e5qubm.jpg

24v1gm8.jpg

9iz9yg.jpg

I love you so very much, Alfred xxx

Last edited:
Awwwww he is gorgeous!!! that picture of him peaking round the corner :love::love::love::love::love:

Happy Gotcha Day little Alf xxxx

Oh he's boootiful :love: I love the close up photo of Alfred's face with his head slightly turned to the left....He could be a Bunny Male Model!
Lovely, tho traumatic story, yet they are always the great ones, Happiness is now. X

Happy gotcha day little Alfie. You have one very dedicated Mummeh behind you. You are a very lucky bunneh ... i would offer some virtual nose rubs but i have a feeling they might not be well received ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Happy gotcha day little Alfie. You have one very dedicated Mummeh behind you. You are a very lucky bunneh ... i would offer some virtual nose rubs but i have a feeling they might not be well received ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Depends whether you want to keep your fingers or not! Virtual Fibafirsts, however... :lol:

Thank you everyone - I'm very lucky to have him, even if he drives me insane and nearly gives me breakdowns. He's a very special boy to me :love:

Back