• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop a rabbit from going under the sofa?

Jonm

Alpha Buck
It sits approx. 2-3" high and she is driving me nuts each night when I have to drag her out as she's a little bit to run under now so she pulls herself along with her front feet...

They're such a nuisance aren't they :lol:

I would put something under it so she cant bet under there, maybe like an old duvet or something that you can squish into the space?

We thought Lopsy was too big to go under his slightly-collapsed wooden-twig-tunnel thing, but he's been doing it the last few days how you describe... Block it with underbed storage boxes with something heavy in?

We just bought a bit of skirting board wood from B&Q, measured the space exactly and they cut it for you, wedged it in the space and you can paint it to the colour you want which helps hide it :)

Yep, I'd go for an appropriate sized piece of wood, tuck it a couple of inches in and you won't see it. You might need one for each side. If you remove a spot them like to explore I think it's good to pop a replacement in, for example you could run a pipe along behind the sofa for her to run through without getting squished/having access to chew.

They're such a nuisance aren't they :lol:

I would put something under it so she cant bet under there, maybe like an old duvet or something that you can squish into the space?

I really like this idea; sounds easy enough! Yrs ago, my grandma cut a cardboard barrier we taped to the corners of the couch; worked pretty well.

It sits approx. 2-3" high and she is driving me nuts each night when I have to drag her out as she's a little bit to run under now so she pulls herself along with her front feet...

I put sheets of wood/hardboard to make the space too small for even my smallest :)

Back