• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what specific product do you use to bunny proof electrical cables

garfieldette

Young Bun
Please could you let me know exactly what to use to protect electrical wires that cannot be hidden behind furniture. I keep reading to use tubing but cannot find out a specific type of tubing. I have googled for days but cannot find a specific product to purchase. The only thing I have found is the crittercord which is £11.99 for 10 feet which is going to cost a lot to do the house out or the heavy duty armour plated stuff that electricians use which is going to cost more than the house. Are the cable tidies strong enough to prevent rabbits chewing through? If so, is there a specific make I should be looking for?

Any links to products in the uk would be very gratefully received as i'm driving myself nuts and worry that I will buy the wrong thing and a bunny might get hurt.

Thank you for any help. I am totally googled out:)

Oh I'm so sorry I forgot to find out the exact name! I'll find out tomorrow and if I don't please pm me a reminder!

ETA It's this!

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Corrugated-Conduit-White-20mmx5m/p/715020

You can get it in black too but white's cheaper!

I find it really good, thick and the texture prevents Ludo getting a grip to chew on it. He tried once when it was new and gave up. He's never touched it again since.

I personally wouldn't use hose pipe as Ludo chewed through the garden one and turned it into a sprinkler :lol:

Last edited:
Please could you let me know exactly what to use to protect electrical wires that cannot be hidden behind furniture. I keep reading to use tubing but cannot find out a specific type of tubing. I have googled for days but cannot find a specific product to purchase. The only thing I have found is the crittercord which is £11.99 for 10 feet which is going to cost a lot to do the house out or the heavy duty armour plated stuff that electricians use which is going to cost more than the house. Are the cable tidies strong enough to prevent rabbits chewing through? If so, is there a specific make I should be looking for?

Any links to products in the uk would be very gratefully received as i'm driving myself nuts and worry that I will buy the wrong thing and a bunny might get hurt.

Thank you for any help. I am totally googled out:)

I have only ever used tough garden hose pipe :D

I wouldn't recommend Crittercord. It absolutely stinks, a really strong chemically citrus smell. You could smell it all through the house. I ended up chucking it as it was making me feel ill.
I've just used wire protector from a cheapy shop and sprayed with bitter apple. I only paid a couple of pound for 5m!
2c1059ce2357bf20906336eee31783d4.jpg

I used aquarium tubing from a pet fish shop, the clear stuff. It's comes in various diameters and my buns have never bothered with trying to chew it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your replies. You have saved me from going insane:)

I have ordered several of the suggestions posted and can start the process of bunny proofing my electricals.

Back