• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D All Ears Podcast - Episode 8 - With Very Special Guest TAMSIN STONE!!!!

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Just wanted to share with you my new podcast "All Ears" about rabbits and rabbit welfare.

The first episode briefly covers the progress in rabbit welfare and husbandry over the last 20 years, and a discussion on bonding. We're hoping to get some guest speakers on future episodes and also looking for feedback on anything you'd like us to cover.

(It's about half an hour long so is ideal for listening to as you're cleaning up after your bunnies or relaxing with a cup of tea)

The All Ears Podcast is available
1) in the iTunes Store
2) at https://all-ears.squarespace.com/podcast?format=rss
3) on our website http://www.theallearspodcast.com/podcast/

We also have a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Allearspodcast

And a logo!
10341702_555280941238624_1064817997497333618_n.jpg

Please listen and let us know what you think!

Thanks

Sabina (not on RU.......yet) and Kathy (dumblepaws)

Last edited:
I don't get any sound when I click play, it counts up like it's playing but I can't hear it (speakers are on).

On the website :)

I found the .mp3 link on the other link and downloaded that and I'm listening now :)

weird - but glad it's working now
website works for me on mac and phone. yep,hate computers!
thank you for listening x

I'm very impressed, you both speak really well and you covered a lot of ground without it sounding like you were lecturing. It sounds like a good new avenue for getting out education to a wider audience. I like that you've got all the links you mention listed in the post too so you can follow up on what you've mentioned.

Wow thank you both very much - for listening and for the feedback!
We're still very new to it - and still cringe when we hear our voices! - so hopefully will keep learning and getting better

Hello!

Sorry for the shameless self promotion - but episode 2 is now available!
It covers Snuffles and Stasis (and a snack review)
http://www.theallearspodcast.com/podcast/2014/11/11/episode-2-snuffles-and-stasis

We have also recorded episodes 3 & 4 - they're not yet edited, so won't be available for couple of weeks, but they feature our first Very Special Guest Interviewee, who I'm very excited to announce is the absolutely brilliant and really lovely Dr Twigs Way
:)
(I got to do a google hangout with Parsley Piert!)

If you have any feedback or suggestions for future topics/guests, please let me know

Hi All

Episode 3 is now available to download either via iTunes or at http://www.theallearspodcast.com/podcast/

It's a very special episode as it features our First Very Special Guest, Dr Twigs Way, talking about housing for Rabbits and the presentation she did at the RWAF conference.
We also spoke to her about Foraging, and that will be released in Episode 4 later this month as we did a LOT of talking.

Twigs' super special bunny Coltsfoot was mentioned in the episode. Unfortunately between recording and releasing the episode he passed away, and so we'd like to dedicate this episode to him.

Last edited:
I missed this before. I'll have a listen tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Episode 5 of The All Ears Podcast is now available for download!

Episode 5 is now available to download either via iTunes or at http://www.theallearspodcast.com/podcast/2015/3/8/episode-5-jo-hinde-part-1-welfare-education

Our fifth episode - with Very Special Guest Jo Hinde, the Blue Cross Vet Nurse of the Year 2014 & RWAF Outreach Officer. In this episode we talk about some of the many ways in which rabbit welfare can be improved and raising awareness of these issues. We talked a lot, and so our chat with Jo continues into episode 6 which focuses more on what to do if your rabbit is not well, and rabbit savvy vets.

We also have a competition on our Facebook page, where you can win a copy of the brilliant new book "Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care" by Marit Emilie Buseth and Richard Saunders by either liking and sharing, or by giving us feedback on topics you'd like us to feature

Please can I do another All Ears plug? I hate self-promotion but I think it's a really important and potentially life-saving episode.

Episode 6 features Blue Cross Vet Nurse of the Year 2014 Jo Hinde talking about rabbit savvy vets and how to tell if your rabbit is ill and what to do about it. She talks in depth about stasis and what's a super urgent emergency and that you can always always call you vet for free. There's so many posts on forums and Facebook about "my bunny's stopped eating but I can't take it to the vet" and it's really hard to explain it all properly when typing/it's an emergency and time is of the essence. So I'm hoping this will help more people gain a better understanding of how to spot when a rabbit is ill, know what to do when their bunny is ill and provide better advice when someone else's bunny is ill (or feel free to send them a link to the podcast!!) I honestly think it's a really worthwhile way to spend 47 minutes

http://www.theallearspodcast.com/po...t-2-vets-wha-to-do-if-your-rabbit-is-not-well
(& on iTunes)

these are such brilliant podcasts -

wondering if you can hand out flyers for them at Frances Harcourt Brown's day??

You can get 250 flyers for £20 from solo press on the web - they did mine and they were fabulous!!!!

350gms paper - looks so professional.

these are such brilliant podcasts -

wondering if you can hand out flyers for them at Frances Harcourt Brown's day??

You can get 250 flyers for £20 from solo press on the web - they did mine and they were fabulous!!!!

350gms paper - looks so professional.

Thank you! And awesome idea - we have moo cards - which are slightly smaller than business cards but they're very cute (and professional looking) - but hadn't got as far as thinking about taking them to the FHB day.

How's charlie doing? I saw yesterday's update that he was staying in overnight and it had half gone really well and half not gone so well - but is there any more news? Paws are very crossed for him x

Thank you! And awesome idea - we have moo cards - which are slightly smaller than business cards but they're very cute (and professional looking) - but hadn't got as far as thinking about taking them to the FHB day.

How's charlie doing? I saw yesterday's update that he was staying in overnight and it had half gone really well and half not gone so well - but is there any more news? Paws are very crossed for him x

will update Charlie tmw - he is a bit wobbly at present but eating ok - obviously he cant see at all at present as remaining eye swollen - and other eye now not there. But should get better soon. Worrid that the bill will be much higher than expected as it was a much more difficult op in the end - and there are tons and tns of medicines -

Re cards - was just thinking that with A5 size flyers you could list the contents of the podcasts so far as well - that should trigger more interest

will update Charlie tmw - he is a bit wobbly at present but eating ok - obviously he cant see at all at present as remaining eye swollen - and other eye now not there. But should get better soon. Worrid that the bill will be much higher than expected as it was a much more difficult op in the end - and there are tons and tns of medicines -

Re cards - was just thinking that with A5 size flyers you could list the contents of the podcasts so far as well - that should trigger more interest

Poor little dude - I hope Peaches is looking after him nicely. And that the vet bill isn't too scary xx

Oooh interesting point - although I would probably need to ask if I was allowed to flyers out, whereas I don't think I would have to for a business card - not that that was why I went for business cards - just 'cos I've never printed leaflets before. I will talk to Sabina

Back