• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad

Izzybun

Young Bun
After Bubba sadly passed away on Saturday, his wifebun seems to be on edge and perhaps looking for him and so I was wondering if anyone thought it possible for me to bond her with an already bonded pair and another single (two girls and a boy) so overall there would be three girls and one male.
I know there's a chance of upsetting the pair but the pros are they would all live in a 8x6 shed with a 10x8ish avairy attached and all have company but I'm not sure it will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you've put this in wrong section, hopefully someone can move it to behaviour and bonding section and you might get more replies. I bonded a quad, same as yours 3 girls, 1 boy but mine were in 2 bonded pairs. I was lucky enough to be able to get a new shed which was completely neutral to any of them. I kitted it out with lots of levels and hiding places and put them all straight in there. I set up a video baby monitor to keep an eye on them for the first few days. I really think that large space bonding with lots of bolt holes was the only way it would have worked. They've been a quad for about 7 months now. The boy can be a bit of a bully at feeding time (he's fine once food is down, it's just the anticipation!!) but because there's so much space, nothing ever escalates, even in the first few days, any chasing episodes were very short as the chased bunny always had somewhere to escape quickly. I'd say go for it!! Good luck :thumb:

Oh whoops wasn't looking properly[emoji16] thanks for your story, has given me hope mine will work so I'll give it a shot[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bonded quad aswell with 1 boy and 3 girls, but same as Summer&Skye mine were 2 existing pairs. I also had a quad that was 2 of each. Aslong as you have a plan b incase you end up with 4 singles, then I see no reason not to try it.

Back