• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nothing else we can do for Autumn now

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Autumn has dyaustonomia and so has acute episodes where he gut seizes and shuts down. We used to manage each episode with gut stimulants and pain relief, then we had to keep him on a low level of pain relief and gut stimulants all the time and increase when he had an episode but over the last few months his gut has become so rubbish he is now on maximum gut stimulants all the time. I used to give him fuilds to bring him out of an episode but now, due to flavouring the water, he drinks so much, that's also not a feasible option. So other than upping his pain relief, which won't sort the issue, there is nothing left I can do.

This morning he woke me up shredding paper, which is always a sign his gut is rubbish and an episode is imminent, and there's nothing I can do.

When his gut shuts down this time, it will be it. Afetr battling for nearly 5 years, we're almost at the finish line. I hate this.

On a marginally happier note, I posted recently about not being able to afford my bunnies. They would have had to be PTS due to their chronic conditions- my dad has stepped up and said he will fund them :love: So whilst I hate to take money and be dependent, I would hate it even more if they were PTS. Sadly, they will eventually all be PTS when the time is right- but when it's right for them, not just because I can't afford them.

I'm so so sorry about Autumn :cry:

I'm so pleased that you can get help to fund the vets bills though :thumb:

Poor Autumn. Hope he has some good times left and the end is peaceful. But well done for looking after him so well, and lots of hugs

Also yay to your dad - lovely of him to be supportive and help you like that

Hugs xxxxxx

I am sorry that Autumn is really struggling now :cry: I am certain that any decisions you make will be with his needs as a priority over anything else xx

So sorry about Autumn :( I know you'll give him a fantastic time for however long is left.
So glad your dad is helping out :thumb:

So very very sorry to hear about Autumn. You have done such an amazing job with him. He was so small when you got him. Lets just hope he just thought it migh be fun to rip up paper. (fingers firmly and very tightly crossed)

Your Dad is so amazing. xxx

So sorry to hear about Autumn, but sounds like you have done an amazing job so far, hope he has many quality days to come. And this is for your amazing dad :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

So sorry to hear about Autumn, but sounds like you have done an amazing job so far, hope he has many quality days to come. And this is for your amazing dad :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yes...me too.... And Many Blessings to You and Autumn from me and my Buns XXXXX

I've come back tp this thread a few times and just not known what to say other than I am so sad for you and Autumn. :(
How nice of your dad to help out. :love: I know what you mean about not wanting to accept but I'm so very glad he's there for you.

Hoping for Autumn to stay as comfortable as possible for as long as possible. ((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))) Thinking of you both. xxxxx

Thanks guys, and thanks MPHF for asking.

He seems ok, thankfully, at this very moment in time, and hasn't woken me up with more newspaper shredding either, so that's good too.

Thanks guys, and thanks MPHF for asking.

He seems ok, thankfully, at this very moment in time, and hasn't woken me up with more newspaper shredding either, so that's good too.

Happy to see this update.

I echo others comments about your dad. What a star.:wave:

I wont pretend I know what to say, nor how it feels.

I will say that I send every positive thought I can for you all. I can't do much more than that these days, but I send you my best wishes x

Back