• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit years

Jonm

Alpha Buck
2778b0f45b1f4914d0211379799f31f7.jpg

I wish they did this for different breeds ie, for example the largest of breeds have shorter lifespans then say the smallest of breeds, although health can play a part in it to x

I wish they did this for different breeds ie, for example the largest of breeds have shorter lifespans then say the smallest of breeds, although health can play a part in it to x

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I believed that Artie at 8 yrs 9 months was very old for a dwarf lop yet he'd only be in his late 60s according to that chart. I believed he'd be more like 85 in rabbit years given that life expectancy for his breed.

I don't really believe that. Very, very few buns make it to 10. A lot of humans reach 75!

All four of my buns are 63 plus. They're older than me! :lol:

we were told cecile wouldn't live long because she's so tiny.

Our last vet told us that larger rabbits have a shorter life expectancy, but Iggy was large and made 9. I'm hoping Betty and Walt make a similar age :) Betty and I are nearly the same age! It's weird to see Walt as a 27 year old though. He is just a little baby still to me (he was only about 9 months old when we got him). :love:

Our last vet told us that larger rabbits have a shorter life expectancy

The can do, but there will always be exceptions. I think I read its because giants have the same size hearts as smaller buns so there is more strain on it.

So, Amy and I are about the same age, 21? Awesome, we could go clubbing! ...If I ever went clubbing.

Wow Slipper & Blackavar are 33 & Blueberry's 21. Jacquetta, Lady Katherine & Cherry are between 16 & 21.

Back