• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best vaccum cleaner for indoor buns and hay??

moi

Mama Doe
I currently have a dyson which is on its way out. I need something that will withstand the bunnys hay etc x

We've got a Dyson DC50 Animal and it's blooming marvellous!! Our buns are inside so we have a lot to deal with.

I find the Henry best at not getting blocked, although the suction isn't quite as good as some other vaccuum cleaners, my little Samsung cylinder vaccuum had amazing suction, more than a dyson, but would get blocked up once a month or so and need the hay pulling out.

Im using a Henry now as well. I managed to kill my Panasonic upright, a Vax Air upright and a Hoover Pet which was supposed to be for pet owners. Have bought a Henry as reviews tell you that builders use it to suck up rubble so thought it should cope with hay and such. Had it 2 months so far and its not blocked up yet. It does the job but I do find it harder work that an upright and a ****** to store with the giant hose and metal pipes but worth it for hay free carpet.

I vote Henry too. We had so many hovers before buying Henry. Bags are expensive though and they aren't cheap to start with. Ours is now 2 which is older than every other Hoover we ever had!

Never again a Dyson !

Over expensive and poor quality. Just clever advertising for which we pay.

This video shows just what poor quality a Dyson really is.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6To3NFh1o

For quick cleaning we use the Gtech Power Sweeper ( approx £50) great for Hay ;-). For deep cleaning the Gtech Ram (approx £200) or the Bosch All Floor Bagless (approx £200).

Personally I prefer the Bosch it beats every vacuum cleaner we have ever owned hands down ( and there have been many ;-)).

I also wouldn't buy a Vax again either.

Last edited:
Never again a Dyson !

Over expensive and poor quality. Just clever advertising for which we pay.

This video shows just what poor quality a Dyson really is.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6To3NFh1o

For quick cleaning we use the Gtech Power Sweeper ( approx £50) great for Hay ;-). For deep cleaning the Gtech Ram (approx £200) or the Bosch All Floor Bagless (approx £200).

Personally I prefer the Bosch it beats every vacuum cleaner we have ever owned hands down ( and there have been many ;-)).

I also wouldn't buy a Vax again either.
Same, Ive had a vax and it was a piece of ****, and that was before pets! x

I preferred the older dysons, they had wide poles, with the newer ones the poles are too thin so every 2 mins Im picking bits out of it x

I preferred the older dysons, they had wide poles, with the newer ones the poles are too thin so every 2 mins Im picking bits out of it x

i have well had a Vax and a Very Old Henry

Hay killed the new Vax it couldn't cope:roll:

Henry who is over 15 years old he used to live with hubby before we got married is just fabulous:thumb: cant fault him at all, i even take the bag out leave the filter layer in and use it inside the run to get the poos off the ground he has no problems at all :D

I love Henry - even though he gets shouted at when he trips over his feet and falls over - he always gets a pat after cleaning - fantastic buy 8 years ago and would never give him up :love::love::love:

Back