• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bespoke rabbit accommodation........I've found someone who can help!!!

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As many of you know, I am on the move. Myself, furry family and my business.

The logistics of getting the huge 8' x 2' x 2' double hutches out of here, transporting them and then squeezing them through the narrow gate at the cottage I am moving to is going to prove to be an almost impossible without dismantling/ sawing them in two....... Doing all of this would not doubt weaken them and maybe cause more long term problems. If I can get any of them out I will, however I need a back up plan just in case. This part of moving is causing me so much more stress which I can do without it, and the longer it takes to get set up, the more business I could lose.

Well, purely by chance I came across a place today which makes bespoke housing for chickens, sheds, stables......and rabbit and guinea pig accommodation. Needless to say, I have asked for some quotes on several designs and all being well, wonderful, new and very robust housing will be insitu at my new home by the middle of November. In actual fact......the accommodation that that they make and the ones that I have seen so far......are superior to the ones my OH has made in the past!!!! Fortunately I can put all of this down as business running costs......phew.

A lot depends on the cost, but provided it is not too expensive, then I can tick one more thing off my list. A great weight off my mind.

http://oddpotspoultry.co.uk/index.html The website is rather dated but if you have any queries, why not contact them direct. Their website will be updated in the near future.

Last edited:
Thanks aaammmyyy and Pets mum. I had been searching both online and around this area for suitable, sturdy and long lasting housing, and nothing had really screamed to me " Buy me!" Caring for my own furry family and of course those belonging to other people, I cannot and never would compromise on safety and standards just to save money. If ever something happened which I could have prevented by making things more secure, I would never forgive myself and would no doubt then consider closing Hoppy Holidays. Hopefully that day will never happen, provided I maintain my standards and never compromise. Animals are my life, my vocation and my passion. I won't ever let them down.

Back