• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Am I right in thinking that an un vaccinated rabbit has a very poor chance of recovery? Also how likely is the rabbits bonded partner likely to also have myxi?

Just been talking to a friend who took her rabbit to the vet this morning and vet has confirmed myxi and strted the bunny on antibiotics. She said the bunnies partner is fine x

Sadly an unvaccinated Rabbit has a very poor prognosis. Recovery is not 100% impossible, but it is only a minority of cases that pull through :cry:
The other Rabbit may well be affected too, not necessarily via the ill Rabbit but via the same vector that infected the ill Rabbit- ie a mozzie/flea

In the first few days the Myxi Rabbit may appear to do quite well and will continue to eat/drink etc. But this often ceases to be the case from day 4-5 and it is usually a secondary bacterial pneumonia that leads to fatalities :cry:

Sadly an unvaccinated Rabbit has a very poor prognosis. Recovery is not 100% impossible, but it is only a minority of cases that pull through :cry:
The other Rabbit may well be affected too, not necessarily via the ill Rabbit but via the same vector that infected the ill Rabbit- ie a mozzie/flea

In the first few days the Myxi Rabbit may appear to do quite well and will continue to eat/drink etc. But this often ceases to be the case from day 4-5 and it is usually a secondary bacterial pneumonia that leads to fatalities :cry:

Thanks Jane, thats what I thought :cry:

I think the vet has given her alot of hope and I don't think thats fair :cry:

Back