• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits let you touch their tails?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I was just sat playing with Lilly's tail, giving it a good groom and feeling the bones in it too and I was remembering that there was no way Harvey would ever let me touch his tail! Not even just quickly let alone a full on tail massage and groom! If Lilly is flopped she lets me twirl her tail between my fingers!

I'm assuming Harvey is the normal rabbit and Lilly is weird!

What are other bunnies' opinions on tail touching?

(I'll add that Lilly did wash the human smell off of her tail straight after :roll:)

Alfred would give me the ultimate evils if I dared to touch anywhere on his back, let alone his tail :roll: :lol:

Yes I can for a while. Ludo weirdly likes me to hold his head with my hand under his chin which I think is odd.

my four say "hands off!" to tails. snuggling is ok by three out of four, especially matthew, who thinks he's my baby and snuggles under my chin. Charlie is a hug in a fur coat, really. the girls are more reserved. but no tails.

Yes I can for a while. Ludo weirdly likes me to hold his head with my hand under his chin which I think is odd.

:shock: that is weird! I have fussed Lilly's chin before but she has to be really snoozy and have been having fusses for quite a while before she'll let me! Harvey didn't mind it so much but only as a progression from cheek rubbing, I wouldn't have just been able to place my hand there like that!

I don't know if Lilly tolerates me playing with her tail or actually likes it?! To be honest half the time I'm not sure she knows I'm playing with it! Although she does love a good grooming of her bum and back so maybe she does like the tail grooming too!

Baby never would, Pipkin let me do just about anything to him, and Amy is sort of in between; she lets me pet her bottom and tail, but only for a while.

Amy does thus thing sometimes where she's sitting on my chest and stretched out and I'm petting her, where she'll sort of stretch her head out flat and wait, not quite under my chin. I think she either wants me to groom her back with my mouth, or put her head under my chin but can't quite reach. I don't know what she wants, so after a bit she sits back, disappointed.

I love playing with Barney's tail, if I twirl it round and tug on it gently he starts purring his teeth :love: The others would just run away if I tried that though.

Barney will let you touch him anywhere except under his chin (and his privates obviously!) As long as you're not picking him up you're fine :lol:

Harvey used to do the tucking his head under my chin when carrying him, I used to give him kisses on his forehead as I assume that's what he wanted... if I didn't he'd flick his feet at me when I put him on the floor (before running back for head rubs!), if I did do the kisses he would immediately start pestering for head rubs the second he's on the floor :)

It sounds like it's a pretty even split between the bunnies who hate it and those who don't mind it or like it!

yes especially sox, miss him :cry:

:cry: he was a lovely boy :cry: I miss Harvey every day too :( I still don't think it's real, I feel like I'm going to wake up and he'll be back even though I know that's silly :( I miss Logan too, he was just so lovely :( at least we have some lovely memories of them x

I don't think any of my bunnies will tolerate tail touching unless I'm doing some kind of full bunny massage. And Fiver is extremely shy of contact. He will get wild if you even approach him but if it's on his terms he can come and poke you as much as he likes. :roll:
They are really all pretty skittish about touching in general but Mimzy was a lovely snuggler pre-tilt. Now I think he associates touch with medication and doesn't like it as much anymore. :(

Most of the bunnies don't mind having their tails touched. My two lops and lionhead don't like it though and won't allow handling in general though.

Slipper & Lady Katherine don't mind me touching their tails. I've not tried any of the others. I expect Jacquetta, Blueberry & Cherry won't allow it as I struggle to get them to let me stroke them for more than a second anyway :roll::lol: Blackavar is my snuggle bun so he might like it/tolerate it.

Nancy will let me sometimes stroke/touch her tail when she's flopped right out, so long as I'm down at her level. Will- no chance, but he doesn't allow any touching unless he's so hungry and I hand feed him and stroke with the other hand.:lol:

None of mine let me play with their tails. Fiver spins around and growls when I touch his, I usually tickle his tail to get his attention. :lol: I know he gets really annoyed about it and he will spin round and growl and then immediately demand nose rubs to make up for my impudence. He won't let me touch him under the chin, either. If I do he'll nip me or box me and grunt.
I've never tried it with Xena because I'm not prepared to put my fingers anywhere near her mouth. She is not afraid to bite. :lol:
Shadowfax use to groom me and let me do pretty much anything with her until she was bonded with the other two. Now she won't even let me give her nose rubs. That's what I get for rescuing her from being fox food. :roll:

Springfield is pretty darn chilled. As long as he's already relaxed I can play with it. Lola will run away she doesn't like it at all

Lopsy's OK with it: it's how I check for a dirty bum as I can't lift him (he goes mental-panicky)! Sometimes he's not happy and will run off and kick feet, but if I wait 'til he's eating then he doesn't seem to mind!

Ludo weirdly likes me to hold his head with my hand under his chin which I think is odd.

My little boy likes me doing this too!! Yes, I can touch his tail too without any problem. He's a very gentle and calm bun and doesn't mind much at all!

Back