• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carpet turning rabbit paws green?

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
Just noticed that the bottom of George's paws are green!hes not been on grass but I have a new rug that is green!

That's the only conclusion I can draw.....should I be worried? It's the only rug I've bought that he prefers to the laminate. after his accident skidding on the laminate I'm anxious to find a rug he gets on with and will use!

Is it a big rug? Wondering if washing it will get rid of the loose dye. I can't see it doing him harm but I would be a bit uneasy about it. o_O Have you tried vet bed to put down for him? You can get some really nice ones with rubber backing so they don't slide. :)

I would imagine that the small amounts probably wouldn't hurt him, but if I were you I'd contact the manufacturer to get them to advise you regarding what they use to dye it and how safe it is for animals. Also ask whether you could wash it to remove excess dye and whether that'd affect the colour, and ask whether you could apply scotchguard or similar to it to prevent it rubbing off but avoid having to wash it and potentially ruin the colour or finish. I would imagine they'd have some decent information for you because I'm sure they'd have to consider it a little because of toddlers.

Could also be if you're feeding greens/have hay in a litter tray as I've noticed Neo with green feet when eating spring greens or when he's spent a lot of time sitting on his hay which he wee'd on :roll:

Possibly they dyes that are used in the making of rug did not absorb in the fibres of rug completely that is the reason why colour is coming out.

Back