• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matted fur on Busters feet, is it cause for concern??

moi

Mama Doe
I feel a bit bad as Ive not noticed before, so not sure if he had it when he came to us a couple of months ago, or if its recent. He lives outside normally but Ive bought him in to bond with Peggy and Tonic and see it when he was stretched out. I picked him up for a look and it appears there is no soreness, one foot is ok the other has a clump of matted fur. Will it grow out or should he be taken to have it shaved x

I noticed Fili had matted feet a couple of months ago but since he started moulting again it all seems to have come out in clumps, they look fine now! I'm not sure it's really avoidable with feet as the fur is always being pressed down and moved about. I'm not sure if a bunny would tolerate having their feets brushed, my two certainly wouldn't! :lol:

One of mine (and some of my grooming bunnies) have matty feet. I remove the mats gently by hand. I wouldn't want to have brushes near their delicate feet! Personally I wouldn't want to have feet shaved either as it would remove their padding completely.

Back