• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for air travel with rabbits anyone?

Thumper98

Warren Scout
I'll be relocating with my 2 buns next week, and mega stressed about it! :( All the admin, permits, vet checks etc have been done and they are in generally good health. The vet has given me critical care for emergency use, and I've bought a soft bag with the right dimensions for them to fit under the seat infront of me. But the flight is 14 hours excluding transit and airport waiting time so altogether we are looking at 16 - 17 hours altogether for them being in the bag.

If anyone has any experience flying with rabbits, such as how to ease the pressure in their ears (take off and landing), how to keep them clean during the flight and just generally how it all went for them, I'd love to hear from you! :wave:

We love them to bits and just want them to get to our destination ok!!

Thanks!

Sorry have no experience of this, just wanted to say good luck, and I would be very interested in how you get on :thumb:

Hi, we done a 12 hr drive with ours in a dog crate. England to Germany at 60ish miles a hour because it was a old car. They handled it very well and the girlfriend now swears by the pet remedy spray for keeping them calm ( eBay 121215286942) don't know how well it would go down on a plane thou. It would have to be put in smaller bottles because of the restrictions.

Thank you! I have never heard of the spray before! Did you noticed a stark difference when you used them and when you didn't I would be very interested to try this out on a more routine event like a vet visit, but not sure if I dare to experiment too much on this trip...

Judging from the (lack of) responses here, I reckon not many people have traveled with their bunnies in a plane. I am sure though there are those will need to at some point in their lives, so once this ordeal is over and we've all recovered form it I will post my experience so others can learn from it.

Hi, I've no experience with this personally yet, but it is a possibility that I might have to travel with my buns on a plane in the near future so PLEASE do let us know how you get on.

Looooooads of vibes and peaceful journey vibes for you and your buns xxxx

Hi, I've no experience with this personally yet, but it is a possibility that I might have to travel with my buns on a plane in the near future so PLEASE do let us know how you get on.

Looooooads of vibes and peaceful journey vibes for you and your buns xxxx

Thanks very much Gemmapookie! I am going to need those peaceful vibes. Relocating my life with a toddler and starting a new job and what am I most stressed about? My bunnies!! :shock:

I will most certainly post about this once all this is done and dusted. So little information is available I wonder if some people give their buns up when they need to move because they just rule out flying with the buns...

PS: I see you are in Chamonix... we are not far away :wave:

I will be moving from the Uk to Dubai in August this year and we have 2 bunnies. From everything ive read i am very cautious about taking them. I am heartbroken but i think it is best for their health to hand them to foster parents until we are home ��

I will be moving from the Uk to Dubai in August this year and we have 2 bunnies. From everything ive read i am very cautious about taking them. I am heartbroken but i think it is best for their health to hand them to foster parents until we are home 😣

Hi Danielle84,

I travelled with my 2 buns from Geneva to Singapore (one stop over, total travel time almost 18 hours) last October and it went fine. If your buns are in good health generally and not frail, and you know you will be doing this for the mid to long term, then I would gently suggest you explore the option of taking them along. It sounds worse than it actually is, but if you prepare well, I think its very much do-able.

If you like, I can share more detailed tips. :)

My 2 buns are happy and doing well. I look at them everyday and thank God that I did what I did, and that they were brave enough to trust me. :love: Obviously, you know your buns best and if you dont think their health would stand up to it, then of course, don't do it.

Back