• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mabel

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
today is her birthday, last time I checked her teeth they looked ok, she had dental in august before that she had been managing a year, I don't know whether its because of the loss of sox
today she seemed little quite, I just took her temperature and its 36.4c and would like to get it up, she is passing droppings so fine there, I checked her molars and the sign of food on her right side rings the bells of needing a dental and they look alittle longer, but no sores
just given her some zantac and metacam, she has perked up and eating hay again, I just hope she doesn't start needing regular dentals now, she had been doing so well
phoned vets to see if can get her in tomorrow, nurse not spoke to before answered and said she would ask vet, and phone back, phoned back and said they no staff to phone back at half 8 tomorrow, why is it so hard since sox died that they don't know who I am anymore, its like new nurses, she said she wasn;t from our branch
if it was Ellen vet answering she would have us in no probs x

i'll warm her up, she seems brighter since I gave metacam and zantac, I gave her a treat earlier in the day, and wonder if that could be whats in her teeth but that should of gone by now, it was a small bit of supreme stick treat, I will recheck her in the morning temperature and teeth

well she had half hour by heater, now had her supper ate the lot ,and now hopped off and munching more hay, mabels why do you have to worry your mummy

Sending vibes for the lovely Mabels and I hope if you have to visit the vet that things are a little warmer at the reception desk. ((((((Hugs))))))) xxxx

Whenever I have had single buns I have found they eat less hay, when they are in pairs it seems to be a social activity that they do together :( On her own now that could be a factor?

Whenever I have had single buns I have found they eat less hay, when they are in pairs it seems to be a social activity that they do together :( On her own now that could be a factor?

maybe, as her diet is mainly hay based, I havn't really noticed a change, she much prefers her timothy, but that was always the case anyway , in fact she has put weight on :shock:

phoned got nurse who knows us, she asked vet and they said they would give her a check up this morning so taking her in abit, Ellen isn't in so there only the one vet on and they are fully booked up

mabel had her dental picking her up at 4.30pm she had 2 ulcers developing back of mouth poor little girl, hopefully she will be fine now

mabels home :) got check up on Monday, vet nurse said she loves that teddy doesn't she and that mabel hadn't stopped fussing it since I dropped her off, I said yes its what she took to when we lost sox, she also loved mabels fleece blanket as it has her name stitched on it :)

she is rather quite so just left her in crate with heater on, she has had strong analgesic though, and I suppose she is not as young as she was to bounce back, sox used come home despite his issues bouncing off walls she has her meds for next few days and some recovery food incase she doesn't want to eat any hard food

bless mabel, got excited for her supper then realised it was maybe to ouchie right now, she managed abit of cucumber then gave up, so I have put a bowl of recovery food down for her she had a lick, normally mabel would wolf it down with a chance, I put some timothy herb hay in tray for her and she is now having a nibble on that, so if she doesn't lick up the rest of the recovery I will syringe it later

mabels still not herself, seems to have affected her more this time, must of been very very sore, least she is passing dropping and licking recovery food and some greens

Ah just seen this. Is she on metacam to keep her pain free and so she continues eating?

I'm a bit disappointed, it's her birthday so where are all of the photos of her, you can never have too many photos of Mabel :love:

yes she has her metacam, she was due it anytime soon, I gave it her not long ago, soon after she munching some hay :)

Back