• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please U/D Post 10 with Picture

Cari

Warren Veteran
Ellie has a dental again today. :( it's really not been long since the last time so I'm a bit upset as she was going months and months previously, almost a year at one point, but it's been less than 12 weeks since last time. She could have waited a few more days but with going on holiday next week I couldn't risk leaving her any longer, she's just started getting a wet chin. :cry: I hope she's OK.

Last edited:
She's got to have a drain in again, her abscess is back. Goddamit I'm so upset for her, this isn't fair.

Apparently she has a very deformed spiral tooth root which they've saved for me to look at, which was right in the middle of the abscess, fortunately no drain this time as the abscess was only 1cm around (like a pea she said) so just abx and painkillers. Get to go and collect her shortly, she's so good bless her, was up and about and eating almost straight away, my little fighter.

20141023_163825-1_zpshqxyrxpc.jpg

There is her manky tooth, don't know if you can see but it's got a complete corkscrew in it, weird.

She now looks a bit drunk, they've obviously let her come home quite early because she's all wobbly on her feet and she lay in my arms for a cuddle for about ten minutes. :love::love: it's quite funny watching her drunken hopping, but not funny at the same time because I'm worried about her. Hope she's OK, she's lying on some towels I've been warming on the radiators.

Is she eating ok? I've had Fiver back when he's been "drunk" before. It was quite scary but funny because he seemed to think he could hop perfectly ok and tried to jump off the couch and inevitably splatted onto the floor. :shock: Safe to say he always stays on the floor now when I get him home!

Sending her more recovery vibes. :)

Is she eating ok? I've had Fiver back when he's been "drunk" before. It was quite scary but funny because he seemed to think he could hop perfectly ok and tried to jump off the couch and inevitably splatted onto the floor. :shock: Safe to say he always stays on the floor now when I get him home!

Sending her more recovery vibes. :)

She's eating when she thinks I'm not looking :lol: I put down one of their homemade treats each, Stephen grabbed his and ran and Ellie just sat there looking at me until she thought I'd left the room (I left the door open a tiny sliver) and then she started eating it. :) I'm going to try them with their evening pellets before I go to work so fingers crossed. Apparently at the vets she was eating bits of parsley so hopefully she'll carry on improving.

Aww bless him! I did the "normal" thing we always do so when I got to the car I opened the carrier and had a quick cuddle before we set off, she just lay in my arms and looked at me so (naughty I know), I drove home with her lying on my lap and she didn't move at all, then I carried her back into the house and she perked up a little bit and started sniffing about and looking at the cats, I took her up to the Bunny Room and sat on the floor and she didn't even hop off my lap she just lay there looking at me. So we had a snuggle and then my legs were going dead and she just started drunkenly hopping around the room and then I made her a little den on the warm towels and she just flopped over and went to sleep. :love: I do love her, daft little thing.

She's eating when she thinks I'm not looking :lol: I put down one of their homemade treats each, Stephen grabbed his and ran and Ellie just sat there looking at me until she thought I'd left the room (I left the door open a tiny sliver) and then she started eating it. :) I'm going to try them with their evening pellets before I go to work so fingers crossed. Apparently at the vets she was eating bits of parsley so hopefully she'll carry on improving.

Aww bless him! I did the "normal" thing we always do so when I got to the car I opened the carrier and had a quick cuddle before we set off, she just lay in my arms and looked at me so (naughty I know), I drove home with her lying on my lap and she didn't move at all, then I carried her back into the house and she perked up a little bit and started sniffing about and looking at the cats, I took her up to the Bunny Room and sat on the floor and she didn't even hop off my lap she just lay there looking at me. So we had a snuggle and then my legs were going dead and she just started drunkenly hopping around the room and then I made her a little den on the warm towels and she just flopped over and went to sleep. :love: I do love her, daft little thing.

Awww. :love: When buns are poorly it might be the only time we get to really give them a cuddle so make the most out of it. :lol: Fiver was like this when he had a bad turn after a dental (I now think it was the vetergesic) and he was snuggled up in bed with me because he couldn't keep warm, even sat next to the radiator. It was nice to get cuddles but so worrying at the same time because it was completely out of character. :shock:

Try her with some soft things first. I always find a naughty bit of banana gets them going. :thumb: Herbs as well and maybe some nice young dandelions if you can find any. :)

Awwww. Giving her warm towels to lie on, how thoughtful.

Mottle really liked bramble leaves after his g/a. (Tooth spurs).

I hope Ellie recovers nice and quickly.

Thanks everyone. She now hates me as I'm the demon with the Baytril, even if I do mix it with baby food to make it taste nice! Vet is happy with her progress and she's eating fine today, grumpy little madam is back :lol:

Back