• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a single bun living with a pair?

moi

Mama Doe
I dont like the thought of Buster outside on his own, and pairing him up with anoither bun isnt an option at the mo. I was thinking of putting a puppy pen in Peggy and Tonics room so he can have company x

Can they not be a trio ?

I'm sure ally&poppy has 2 single rabbits sharing a room, but I may have made that up :oops:

Can they not be a trio ?

I'm sure ally&poppy has 2 single rabbits sharing a room, but I may have made that up :oops:

I do :D

I've decided to try and rebond again once they're both better, we have a flare up of snuffles and possible eye abscess happening at the moment! But the way they have their set ups now there is just the one panel and they lie next to each other and Kerbie will groom Leo through the bars still :)

You could always trial it in case it upsets their bond? :)

I dont like the thought of Buster outside on his own, and pairing him up with anoither bun isnt an option at the mo. I was thinking of putting a puppy pen in Peggy and Tonics room so he can have company x

Do bear in mind that introducing him to the territory of the pair might cause referred aggression between the pair.Referred aggression can lead to serious fighting and in worst case scenarios a total break down of an established bond. It may not be as easy as just putting him in the room. It may have to be done gradually over a period of several weeks, starting with him only being detected by the other Rabbits by smell/sound. Not visible to them.

I do :D

I've decided to try and rebond again once they're both better, we have a flare up of snuffles and possible eye abscess happening at the moment! But the way they have their set ups now there is just the one panel and they lie next to each other and Kerbie will groom Leo through the bars still :)

You could always trial it in case it upsets their bond? :)

I must have missed why they are apart in the same room what happened between them :?

I do. Since we lost Gracie, Maximus became incredibly lonely even though they were not bonded, just in the same room.

Jay and I decided it was in Maximus' best interest to move Jemimah and Roger in to share the room. There is no referred aggression what so ever. It can work, I now have a pair and singleton living happily as neighbours xx

Last edited:
I have a pair and a single (three boys) sharing a shed - Buttercup has one side, there is a space for hay storage etc in the middle, and Dandelion and Clover are on the other side. They have mesh panels diving the areas so they can see each other. I would love them as a threesome, but unless there is a gap between the two areas Dan and Clo get stroppy with each other.

Back