• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is going to be the hardest 8 weeks ever (p11 Lilly pics)

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Lilly is so desperate for attention, she's getting angry at me if I don't give her fusses fast enough! I sit on the floor and she's constantly seeking out my hand and waiting by it, climbing on me, nipping me and digging me until I fuss her!

I'm playing lots with her every evening to keep her mind occupied, but I'm not a very good replacement for a bunny friend :( I think she gets bored by herself all day too :( all she wants is some bunny to love!

8 weeks and 2 days until she can have a boyfriend! I'm counting down the days! Lilly is definitely a rabbit who needs company!

8 weeks and 2 days.... it feels like ages!

Any ideas to keep her occupied would be good! She has toys, I play with her in the evening, I give her treats, I gave her a cuddly toy, she got angry at it... she will lay next to a sofa cushion though... Can't think how to make her happy in the mornings though which is when she is active but with no one to play with because I'm out :(

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same for Twinkle, there is so much going on at the moment it's not the right time to get a new rabbit, I have kept her inside and my husband has built her an amazing set up but nothing is a substitute for a friend :cry: xx

I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same for Twinkle, there is so much going on at the moment it's not the right time to get a new rabbit, I have kept her inside and my husband has built her an amazing set up but nothing is a substitute for a friend :cry: xx

It's definitely not the right time for us either :( well it's the right time for Lilly as she keeps telling me but it's not sensible to get another bunny until when I've planned to

I feel like I need to give all my friends a house key and get everyone to do hourly "Lilly shifts" :lol:

I've just given her a present, she had fun with that for a while :D

Poor girl, I can't wait to see her loved up again

How about a treat ball? Hiding pellets/treats around, boxes with treats in, or large boxes with a couple of entrance/exit holes cut in, digging boxes with shredded paper?

How about a treat ball? Hiding pellets/treats around, boxes with treats in, or large boxes with a couple of entrance/exit holes cut in, digging boxes with shredded paper?

I'll have to try and find a spare box, but she does love her boxes! I could shred some newspaper for her to dig in too, not sure what she'd make of that, I've not seen her dig much, that was Harvey's job! She loves shredding paper herself though so maybe I'll just screw the paper up and let her do the shredding :lol: she just tried to shred my wrapping paper up :roll:

I'm planning on buying her a treat ball for her birthday (which is very soon) so hopefully she'll like that, I already hide veg around :D I'm tempted to get one of those boards that you hide treats in for rabbits and they have to work out how to get them, but I don't know if they're worth the money or if rabbits don't really find them interesting :?

I'll have to try and find a spare box, but she does love her boxes! I could shred some newspaper for her to dig in too, not sure what she'd make of that, I've not seen her dig much, that was Harvey's job! She loves shredding paper herself though so maybe I'll just screw the paper up and let her do the shredding :lol: she just tried to shred my wrapping paper up :roll:

I'm planning on buying her a treat ball for her birthday (which is very soon) so hopefully she'll like that, I already hide veg around :D I'm tempted to get one of those boards that you hide treats in for rabbits and they have to work out how to get them, but I don't know if they're worth the money or if rabbits don't really find them interesting :?
I have the teach n treat boards for mine. And this is how it goes:

Daisy: works it out pretty quickly, the circle one she finds harder than the other 2, but it still doesn't take her long

Maizie: waits for Daisy to work it out and just eats the treats

Marble: throws the entire board so the treats just fall out

I haven't tried Billy with it yet :lol:

Definitely prefer the treatball to keep them entertained. Also children's stacking cups. I hide pellets under them and they take longer working those out than the board. Mine also love to play with spoons :roll:
If she likes shredding paper then give her lots and lots :D

I have the teach n treat boards for mine. And this is how it goes:

Daisy: works it out pretty quickly, the circle one she finds harder than the other 2, but it still doesn't take her long

Maizie: waits for Daisy to work it out and just eats the treats

Marble: throws the entire board so the treats just fall out

I haven't tried Billy with it yet :lol:

Definitely prefer the treatball to keep them entertained. Also children's stacking cups. I hide pellets under them and they take longer working those out than the board. Mine also love to play with spoons :roll:
If she likes shredding paper then give her lots and lots :D

:lol: I think Lilly would be like Marble!

When I was getting Graze boxes regularly I used to put herbs and treats in them and close them, Lilly used to try for about 10 seconds then get bored :roll: but if I left it with them overnight they'd normally manage to get in, but I don't know whether it was Harvey or Lilly who'd managed it!

I might give Lilly a spoon to play with! She has three rattles which she's been throwing around tonight which has been cute! I just placed some empty plastic bottles from the recycling bin in a skittles like formation and she had fun knocking them down :D

She looks tired now, at last, she's laid out with her big fluffy feet as long as possible :love:

She is a guilt tripping rabbit!

We're still having our pre brekkie snuggles and she is doing her loudest purring possible! She knows she's making it 10 million times harder to leave the house by being so snuggly!

She is a guilt tripping rabbit!

We're still having our pre brekkie snuggles and she is doing her loudest purring possible! She knows she's making it 10 million times harder to leave the house by being so snuggly!

:lol: that's what Boots does :love:

She's reading this :shock: I just put my pudding bowl on the floor and she came and nicked the spoon :shock: she's never paid any attention to my bowl or spoon and I alway place it on the floor until whatever I'm watching finished :shock: she threw the spoon :lol:

I've been bitten on the head a couple of times now :roll: she's attacked her cuddly toy too :roll: I'm surprised my poor feet are in one piece too :shock: she's definitely taking her frustration at the lack of company out on me or anything in her way!

This was yesterday evening, I didn't put her in these positions, this is how she was positioning herself! After having attacked me for not paying her enough attention of course, and then of course attacking me whenever I dare paused from the fusses :roll:

(excuse my spotty face :oops:)

Lilly loves her treat ball :D it's definitely keeping her entertained! Although when it is empty she comes to me to ask for more treats! She managed to pick it up, run off excited, binky with it and fling it across the room then got so confused because she'd lost it :lol:

Lilly loves her treat ball :D it's definitely keeping her entertained! Although when it is empty she comes to me to ask for more treats! She managed to pick it up, run off excited, binky with it and fling it across the room then got so confused because she'd lost it :lol:
:lol::lol: they're all so funny with treat balls!

It was definitely a good buy! I was worried she wouldn't get the hang of it, but she did straight away! Although she is still pushing it around and it is definitely empty!
Billy does that :lol:
They seem to get the hang of them quickly...then again it's food related and these are starving bunnies!

Billy does that :lol:
They seem to get the hang of them quickly...then again it's food related and these are starving bunnies!

I know, I mean she never ever ever gets food and treats :p no wonder she's so excited about this treat ball :p

She just "lost" the ball and came running to me grunting in anger all ready to box me, so I "found" it and gave it to her, she picked it up and ran to her hutch so she can't lose it again :lol:

I know, I mean she never ever ever gets food and treats :p no wonder she's so excited about this treat ball :p

She just "lost" the ball and came running to me grunting in anger all ready to box me, so I "found" it and gave it to her, she picked it up and ran to her hutch so she can't lose it again :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: that's so cute!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that's so cute!!!!

She's become SO vocal recently! Anything she's not happy with she comes running and grunting over to me and boxes me until I fix it! I just got boxed in the face for trying to get her to give me a kiss before I gave her her treat :oops:

She's become SO vocal recently! Anything she's not happy with she comes running and grunting over to me and boxes me until I fix it! I just got boxed in the face for trying to get her to give me a kiss before I gave her her treat :oops:
Oh dear! I've never been boxed by a bunny :shock: the worst I get is a few flicks of the feet or stamps :lol:

I'm currently trying to explain to Daisy that no matter how much she tries? She can't stick her nose through the puppy panels to get to Freddie's water bowl :roll:

Oh dear! I've never been boxed by a bunny :shock: the worst I get is a few flicks of the feet or stamps :lol:

I'm currently trying to explain to Daisy that no matter how much she tries? She can't stick her nose through the puppy panels to get to Freddie's water bowl :roll:

:lol: I can just imagine it... "nearly there.... look look look! I'm so close.... I can do it... suck my cheeks in...!" :lol:

Lilly has never been a boxer before, but now she's alone she communicates with me a lot more including with physical violence and vocalising her anger! She gets very angry if I sit on the floor and I don't fuss her! Also if I'm late with dinner!

Back