• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a huge scare!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I've just been posting earlier today about how I've noticed some smaller droppings in the enclosure etc etc. They are going for a vet visit tomorrow just to be sure. I've been a little concerned, but I think all is well....

Well, just to shake things up a bit Finn decided not to wake up around his normal wake up time this afternoon, I watched them on the bunny cam. Milo woke up and crawled all over him, licked him, stood on him and all kinds of things but he didn't wake up for ages, I was getting really concerned.

This went on for at least a good hour after Milo had woken up, I started to really worry, they normally wake up together and go eat hay, I even turned on the voice function on the camera and coughed so they could hear me, Milo's ears went up when he heard it but Finn still didn't move.

I got so worried I text my mum who was at work and asked her what time she finished, telling her I was concerned that he hadn't moved for so long and he was lying in a funny position, he did look like something was wrong with him! My heart was in my mouth I was fearing something terrible :(

My mum, being my mum, nipped over from work to see them (she works like 2 minutes away) as soon as she walked in the door, he jumped up and went to greet her, THE LITTLE SOD! :evil: He ate pellet from her hand and everything! He was fine!

I was almost crying before I saw him jump up! I was completely convinced there was something wrong! I'm starting to think bunny cam is a baaad idea. Maybe no more. :(

Anyway, I've never been so relieved. has anyone else had an experience like this? It was so bad. :roll:

Some people might think I'm completely mental, but if you had been me you might have been convinced as well, it was uncanny. :(

Boots sometimes does very convincing DBFs :shock: the worst ones are when he throws himself on one side whilst running along :shock::lol:

Boots sometimes does very convincing DBFs :shock: the worst ones are when he throws himself on one side whilst running along :shock::lol:

It was awful, I was totally convinced there was something serious up, it wasn't even like a DBF, well he was doing a DBF but didn't move when Milo nudged him or groomed him or anything. It terrified me!

Ellie is very chilled out (when she's not being a grumpy mare) and she'll flop and then just lie there for ages even when I go into their room and disturb them, very off-putting!!

I don't watch our bunny-cams anymore for this very reason. I rushed home one day because Sheldon seemed to be odd - just sitting there not moving. Little :censored: was fine of course - just day dreaming or something.

It's too worrying for me as I work 1.5 hours from home - and hubby 1/2 hour and neither of us can really just jump up and work. All I can do is pray and hope that they are fine - and of course try to work from home as often as possible.

Back