• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enrichment Scavenger Hunt - Week 2

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Time for Week 2 of the Enrichment Scavenger hunt, I think the bunnies will like this one.

To recap, to complete the task I post an item/task and you have to find it and take a picture of your bunny investigating or playing with it (or completely ignoring it whilst napping). It must be something new, not something your bunny already has.

Week 2: This week's item is a box(es), big or small, any material, make something with it, fill it with something... think outside the box... or in it. Post a picture and your bunnies opinion below.

I'll post one of Scamp once he gets up, and out of his current box :lol:

Here is a link to Week 1 for anyone that wants to catch up: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?432162-Enrichment-Scavenger-Hunt-Week-1

Ooh, must try to get a pic of Boots in his box house my daughter built him :thumb:

Storm and Mallow had their tea delivered in boxes today instead of their bowls.

First there was some suspicions sniffings going on.

Next, more detailed investigations reveals tasty kale and carrots

It didn't take long to get stuck in

They are both now chasing the tubes round the floor trying to get the last bits out :lol:

Storm and Mallow had their tea delivered in boxes today instead of their bowls.

Great idea! I like your round boxes so they roll about for extra fun, I'm just trying to think what we buy that comes in tubes...

I love the synchronised nose in a box pic :lol:

oh I know its my birthday today mum, have you got me some choccies

sorry mum, no chocolates won't do, what do you mean a bunny can't have choccies

think out of the box mum that's where my toys belong

think in the box. does my bum look big in this :shock:

Great idea! I like your round boxes so they roll about for extra fun, I'm just trying to think what we buy that comes in tubes...

I love the synchronised nose in a box pic :lol:

you could get some of those Christmas sweet tubes, that are now all over supermarkets, eat the sweeties and give bunny the tubes

Alfie's first (yes, first! we hardly ever have any spare ones) experience with a cardboard box.

What's this?
2nsxpps.jpg

Can I go ins?
jb5p49.jpg

Dis box is in my way...
xcnbc4.jpg

Are you sure there's nothing in here?
x1fv48.jpg

*gasps*
2efp0rb.jpg

Nopes! You is not getting me in there...
20pdik4.jpg

Round 2...
wv8njm.jpg

Success?
2mx1x89.jpg

Yes?
2qcl1xd.jpg

No.
2d0cmfa.jpg

:roll:

My two got a packaging box full of shredded paper and some pellets!

Btw, for those who may wonder why they're on the landing, this is their new base! They had to move out of their room to make way for the baby and all his stuff - he comes in Feb :)

Florence was bravest first, as Neville was playing run up and down stairs:

Then we had a series of sniff, run away, sniff, go and dig up the blanket, sniff and stare! Until finally they had a few pellets each until Flo tipped it over and they ran away and are still hiding in their hideout!

Rosie: oh look someone has left some yummy greens in a little box for me

fiver: is it a trap? I'm not eating nothing out of there, quick run away!

I could only find one box so it's not very inventive I'm afraid. I also stupidly gave it to them just after I'd topped up the hay rack, so they completely ignored it for ages :lol:

IMG_5106_zps7b8cf22c.jpg

Same as last week, Emily was the first to come and be nosey. In fact, she was the only one to come and be nosey!

IMG_5107_zps066585b7.jpg

IMG_5108_zpsa572b0bf.jpg

IMG_5109_zpsae459d8f.jpg

Meanwhile, back in the hutch:
IMG_5100_zpsacf1df50.jpg

Verdict: It was an interesting thing to look at, but the hay is more important right now. We'll explore it later.
IMG_5114_zpsb169350e.jpg

Edit: I've just found this box photo from when they were little tiny bubs. Looks like Emily has been the nosey one all along!
IMG_4282_zps2291a2a6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so cross - Arthur and Elsie joined in with this today but photobucket is being silly and I can't add their picture :cry:

I love that in the first pic of the two pics Neville & Flo look like their plotting, then they turn to face their foe :lol:

I'll catch up when I have recovered from nights! :) I have a plan for a box that was delivered the other day, it's half done but I've not given it to them yet! I don't have a garden so the first task will be interesting but I'll give it a go! I'll miss two weeks whilst I'm on holiday though :( boo.

Forest and Fern's 'Box Adventure'

Hi, I really apologise for giant photos! :oops:
I was doing some winter proofing on their run yesterday, and had to use a few bits...tape measure, willow strips, small screwdriver, pack of eye screws ( I was careful about Bunny safety during the adventure )... I brought my nieces small wicker basket from her room to put them in ( Bunnies never seen it before, hope it qualifies as a box )

Ferni was the bravest and approached first... :D

Bless her...she's such a 'Big Grown Up Baby Girl' now...

Then 'Big Boy' Forest came and wanted to have what she had..as usual...

He proceeded to examine with interest...

Ferni came back to have another look....

But Forest insisted, in his very gentlemanly, yet very insistent way, that it belonged to him... :roll:

And proceeded to munch on the willow sticks...yes, it's all about food, isn't it...I should have named him 'Earnest' :lol:

Back