• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has bonding made them miserable?!

B&B Buns

Alpha Buck
I'm probably just being paranoid, but since my bunnies have been bonded I haven't seen either of them binky and this makes me sad. They've been together for a couple of months now, but every time I let them in the lounge (previously prime binky territory) Buster humps Bunny and seems to chase her a little. I am going to neutralise it this weekend and see if that helps as thinking that letting them have free run of downstairs again might help. They have the run of the dining room 24/7. They quite clearly love each other and are always grooming each other and sitting together, I just wondered whether anyone else had found the same thing?! Thanks in advance.

I don't think binkys are the only indicator of happiness it might just be as single buns they enjoyed a night out binkying and now they have someone to snuggle up with they are less bothered about it :)

Haha! Good point. I used to love watching them hare around though. Given that neither of them particularly wants head rubs either it would seem that bonding them may have made me miserable!!

Aww, just sidle up and join the snuggle pile ;)

Part of it might be they are still settling together and they'll binky with more time. It's the sort of thing that can be interpreted wrong (running about and jumping at things) so maybe they need extra time to be more sure of each other.

Back