• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tidier trays

WelshieBun

Young Bun
George likes to tip over his litter tray. A lot. It's also extremely hard to gather up all the litter from the grass, which is like trying to pick up hundreds and thousands (the cake decoration stuff) after dropping a packet on a carpet. I've seen trays that can't be dug, like with a grille thing that you remove to clean it. Are they any good?

You can get litter trays with a hay rack attached which are quite big and heavy. I've heard of people using Velcro to attach trays to the floor too. With it being on grass I don't know what else to suggest really. Could you somehow attach it to the wall of the run?

Not totally sure what you mean.. Do you have a link?
If they're wire on top it wouldn't be good for the bunnies' paws (I have mini rexes so am super paranoid about that)

Could you get a bigger litter tray so it's too heavy to pick up? I use a grow bag tray eg http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0071QP51K/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1413918418&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40
So they can't tip it up and it covers the whole area they like to toilet

Like this, http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/hooded-corner-litter-tray-22cm-yellow-p-16652.html?gclid=CL2zn5S6vsECFVGWtAodkAkAtw but without a hood. I saw one once with large plastic slats, so it is more comfortable.

Woah, that's huge! :lol: George and his possible wifey would love it. Only thing is, it's much easier for them to kick the litter out as it doesn't have much of a lip.

You can get litter trays with a hay rack attached which are quite big and heavy. I've heard of people using Velcro to attach trays to the floor too. With it being on grass I don't know what else to suggest really. Could you somehow attach it to the wall of the run?

*facepalm* never thought of that...

Back