• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits need space....

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
.... so that they can sit inside and look at it! Does make me chuckle when he does this- what's wrong with the rest of the room! He's got more room than most single bedrooms!

Rabbits will do that. :lol:
Altough... is he living alone? Maia used to pine a lot after she had lost her first mate, and she always sat in a corner even though she had a lot of space. She was so desperate for company that when we took home Wafer and fenced off part of the hutch and run for him she jumped over the fence and they bonded themselves straight away! :shock:

Lilly is like this at the moment! She will come lay on the rug for an hour in the evening, but apart from that sleeps all day in her hutch just watching the world go by! All this space, but no, her tiny hutch is where she wants to lay :roll:

She didn't use to be like that though, her and Harvey used to rotate between a few spots to sleep in through-out the day, actually making the most of their space, and played more often too! I'm looking forwards to her being bonded again and hopefully she'll be back to her playful self!

My quad often sit looking out of their little doorways (floor level, cat flap sized) into their run.

Oh dear there seems to be a theme here- no he's not sitting there all day pining! He sits there usually at about 5-6pm after his main nap. He likes it because he likes licking and biting the chilll n' chew mat he's sitting on! The rest of the day he's a lot more active and likes being naughty :roll:

Glad our buns aren't the only ones who 'appreciate' space...When hutches are opened they dash around for a few minutes and then go back to their hutches for a rest. ..but when I try to close the doors they object[emoji35]

He probably sneaks back when he hears you coming and spends the rest of the time running around throwing hay and toys, then hops back in to do the 'I wasn't me' pose.

He probably sneaks back when he hears you coming and spends the rest of the time running around throwing hay and toys, then hops back in to do the 'I wasn't me' pose.

Quite possibly! My sister said she found him chewing a door quite happily when I was having my afternoon nap the other day! She'd gone in to see what the noise was :lol:

739361e7573eefb2e507657ade9d1c1c.jpg

My bunnies Ted and Mabel have a permanently open dog crate with free run of the kitchen and hallway and Mabel tends to sit in the crate most of the time snoozing , occasionally venturing out to the hall for another snooze on the rug . Hmmm [emoji195][emoji42]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilly is like this at the moment! She will come lay on the rug for an hour in the evening, but apart from that sleeps all day in her hutch just watching the world go by! All this space, but no, her tiny hutch is where she wants to lay :roll:

She didn't use to be like that though, her and Harvey used to rotate between a few spots to sleep in through-out the day, actually making the most of their space, and played more often too! I'm looking forwards to her being bonded again and hopefully she'll be back to her playful self!

I jinxed it :oops: she's been trying her hardest to be as active and as naughty as possible this morning :roll: the poor wires have been quivering!

Come on, own up? Who told Lilly I've been telling all you lot she was lazy?!

Back