• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's this?

Lemonade

Warren Scout
Does anyone know what this is and whether or not the buns can eat it please?
163a3c2814dd6b40cbbd19fdf12f1c95.jpg
609808c0ff582cfce992a7bed7d83122.jpg

It kinda looks like the plant I have...I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called but fairly sure it's toxic to bunnies. Having said that mine have nibbled it before and are still with me so it's not deadly, but still not one to feed them.

It looks like a a lovely camellia bush. Not sure about safe for bunnies - most evergreens are not. I have mine fenced off from bunny attack with some chicken wire mesh round the base, but it is somewhat smaller than your specimen and they haven't tried to eat it. If you are worried about it being eaten, you could clear the bottom foot or so of the stem so that it less tempting, but it is a lovely bush as it is. They are also slow growing so will not do well with a really hard pruning.

Yes, it's a camellia: lovely soft flowers! Thanks for the advice, BattleKat: I'll add it to my 'known' list :)

It is a bit of a beast isn't it?! I blame the old owner that left it here! :lol:

Great, will see if the buns like it!

Thanks all x

Back