• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Licking and chewing

bottrell62

New Kit
My new lil boy keeps licking me all over I can't sit down or lie down without him licking me, my face, neck, hands, arms is this normal???

Also how do I stop him from chewing wires, we currently live with my in laws and his chewed the Virgin wire, It was their choice to keep him here and not at my mom's an don't know what to do??

Licking is a sign of affection. Some bunnies are really licky and others aren't.

The only way to keep wires from being chewed is to put out of reach or block them off really. You can get plastic cable protectors but a determined bunny will chew through that too I always think.

Congratulations- he loves you! Licking is, next to falling asleep on you, perhaps the ultimate sign of affection from a rabbit. You are very fortunate.

Those plastic cable protectors are a god send. Got ours from Argos. Ours like wires but haven't attacked the protectors yet. If nothing else the protectors will give you more time to stop them from getting to the wire.

Back