• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easy to startle Hugo!

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So Hugo has always lived indoors and should be used to usual noises and me but he has the odd time where he is proper startled and goes mental!

Just now for example he was flopped out having a rest (DBF style!) in the living room, near the sofa, I moved to go in to the kitchen and he's leapt up and proper gone skidding across the room at high speed bashed in to the wall and scuttled behind the sofa!

Scared the life out of me (worried one of these days he will hurt himself bashing into the wall!) - had a word with him and told him to stop being silly and to be careful... Hehe....but he was proper freaked out!

Any one else have this with their house buns?!

When my old house rabbit Pickles was alive he'd sometimes start randomly thumping in the middle of the night! Over literally nothing!

My bunny Barry used to startle very easily and go running into walls.he turned out to be deaf ..bless him. Can Hugo hear ok? xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

My Blossom is the same, she lives in my home office (Now commonly known as the Bunny Room) and I have to start talking to her before I walk in as if she is chillin out and I just walk into the room she will take off like a mad thing and often bumps into things.

A few weeks ago she had a swelling on her right shoulder which I am sure was the result of her running into the shelves in one of her launching moments, I have had her suddenly take off when I have moved some papers when I have been working in the office for some time and she knew I was there.

Her launch mode is quite spectacular and sometimes I don't know who jumps more her or me.

My Bridge Bun Malcolm was a bit deaf and would startle quite easily, I took to stamping on the floor when I walked in so he knew I was there

Blossom (Harlequin) with my deaf but lovely Bridge Bun Malcolm (Seal point)

Last edited:
My two are used to most sounds in the house now but the one thing they hate is when I get the hiccups! :lol: They get really startled and go all loopy until I can get rid of them.

ETA get rid of the hiccups that is, not the bunnies!

If I sneeze I get the 'talk to tail' treatment where they very pointedly thump and then turn their backs on me and then hop off doing the foot flip thing :cry:

Huge fireworks display from the house opposite - no reaction at all :roll:

My partner waving wildly at the TV and giving helpful hints & suggestions (at extreme volume) to the ref when watching the rugby is cause for the rabbits to sit at his feet and gaze up at him adoringly :shock:

I love 'em but I'll never understand them.

Back