• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Convincing parents to get another rabbit...

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Basically I live with my parents and I want to get a boyfriend for Flo but my parents won't let me get another bun.
I'm going to uni at the end of October for 5 weeks and for another 4 weeks in January/February time. I'm really worried she is going to be lonely, she only really likes me. She grunts at my sister and dad and she doesn't like them being in her run. She loves me and she gets excited when I go into her run and comes up for treats and cuddles.

How do I convince them to get another?
I'm 20 so I can go out and get one from the shelter without them but I'd rather not :(
There are some really cute ones on their website too! :love:

Edit: I have a spare hutch and run so housing another is not a problem during bonding time.

Would it be possible to bond flo with your pair?

Not really, the pair are two males and I think throwing a (possible unspayed) female into the mix would be chaotic!
Flo and Zelda are both very bossy so I don't think they would get on at all. It's a shame really ):

Not really, the pair are two males and I think throwing a (possible unspayed) female into the mix would be chaotic!
Flo and Zelda are both very bossy so I don't think they would get on at all. It's a shame really ):

Best for any bond to have both rabbits spayed/neutered. Best for does to be spayed as it dramatically reduces the risk of cancer which is as high as 80% in unspayed does.

It is a shame that she wouldnt get on with lovely Flo and Zelda but I agree that they may fall out over her and then you would have three set ups (possibly) needed ...

Back