• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bonding later.. Lily is coming home tomorrow

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Tonight we are going to Cottontails (rescue) at 6pm with all 3 rabbits, in hope Pickle & Pixie will accept Lily and form a trio.

It would be perfect if they could be a group, not only would it make life so much easier - they'd also have the whole of the 9x7ft shed and both the 8x4ft runs.

Cottontails aren't particularly fond of groups because of it potentially breaking down in the future. As well as the risk of things going bellies up when it hits spring and spring fever! However she's willing to introduce my 3 and she said that we should know straight away as to whether it'll work.

Now I'm worried as if it is successful, I'll have to set up a neutral pen at my granny's and stay down there, but I have a long day at college tomorrow. Everything has to happen at inconvenient times!

I really don't know what the outcome will be later, I'm worried! I just want my Lily to be happy :(

The rabbits have always been able to see each other as the runs are only 1ft apart with no solid sheet partition, so it's not as if they've never seen each other before. I personally don't have much hope in this working and I think Pickle & Lily will be the problem.

If the matchup is successful then I'm going to be a bag of nerves....

Last edited:
Wow good luck! I hope it all works out for the best. Mairwen is such a bonding bunny guru they'll be in great hands!

Well unfortunately the trio bond didn't look hopeful, they were together for about 15 minutes. Lily was so confident and dominant, Pickle & Pixie were both crouched low. Lily then went for Pickle, Pixie got really stressed and as Lily went to her a fight broke out. Poor Pixie really was stressed bless her :( if the bond would of eventually worked, Pixie would be very left out. I really didn't want to take that risk as she's a nervous rabbit as she is.

However.......

We've left Lily behind....

Um... need I say anymore......

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/nibbles/

He was so confident and came right over for nose rubs :love:
He will be my brothers rabbit as he loves the rabbits so he'll be paying for him financially and he'll be naming him. So far he wants to call him Pop!

That's great news, although not the intended outcome he look like a lovely bunny and will be SO lucky to come home with you! Fingers crossed it continues to go well :)

Aww I'm sorry the trio didn't work out but as you say pixie would have been left out which isn't fair.
Nibbles looks adorable, such a shiny black coat :love: I'm sending lots of bonding vibes that it works out between him and lily:)

I'm sorry the trio didn't work, but it's great news that fingers crossed Lily will have a new husbun :love:

Its a shame that they aren't fans of groups, particularly sad to see they have split a bonded trio on the website, as I have/had lots of trios/quads and never found them any more problematic than pairs, but it was really lovely of them to try for you. Sorry it didn't work out but good luck with the new addition.

Sorry the bonding didn't work out :(

Nibbles sounds lovely :D I hope that works out better, it sounds hopeful!!!!

I like the rescues little cartoon showing a rabbit's size in comparison to loo rolls :lol: that's very clever!

The page has now been updated with pictures of them both!

At the moment 'Nibbles' is the boss and Lily is being the submissive one, she will run away at times if he gets too much. However it's all going well according to Cottontails which is great news! Lily looks massive in the photos - she Is only 2.2kg so I don't know why she looks so big! My poor dad is collecting them at 8am on Wednesday morning and then he has to go to Sussex for a funeral in the afternoon. I really want to go with him to pick them up but I can't :( ! I have a whole day at college, how will I be able to concentrate!?

He needs that hideous name changing, as he's my 'brother's rabbit' he gets to chose a name. He's really excited as he loves the rabbits, he helped out so much these past few months with looking after Flopsy whilst I was at college. He's 20 and is very responsible. Obviously I'll be doing the looking after as I do anyway but with the benefit of having him there financially!

The page has now been updated with pictures of them both!

At the moment 'Nibbles' is the boss and Lily is being the submissive one, she will run away at times if he gets too much. However it's all going well according to Cottontails which is great news! Lily looks massive in the photos - she Is only 2.2kg so I don't know why she looks so big! My poor dad is collecting them at 8am on Wednesday morning and then he has to go to Sussex for a funeral in the afternoon. I really want to go with him to pick them up but I can't :( ! I have a whole day at college, how will I be able to concentrate!?

He needs that hideous name changing, as he's my 'brother's rabbit' he gets to chose a name. He's really excited as he loves the rabbits, he helped out so much these past few months with looking after Flopsy whilst I was at college. He's 20 and is very responsible. Obviously I'll be doing the looking after as I do anyway but with the benefit of having him there financially!

How is this going to work out when he/you want to move out? I'm assuming you'd have the bunnies? Just seems a little unfair to ask him to provide financially if you will eventually end up with "his" rabbit anyway, but if he's willing to do it that's great :)

PS, lots of people on here have bunnies called Nibbles, it's not that hideous :lol:

How is this going to work out when he/you want to move out? I'm assuming you'd have the bunnies? Just seems a little unfair to ask him to provide financially if you will eventually end up with "his" rabbit anyway, but if he's willing to do it that's great :)

PS, lots of people on here have bunnies called Nibbles, it's not that hideous :lol:

Well if he ever did move out then he'd have one pair and I would have the other - it's that simple ;) I'm not that mean, I can't see him moving out anytime soon though :lol:

Well IMO I do not like the name, it in no way suites him!

Also if I chose to move out then I'll take Pickle & Pixie and leave the other two at home. I will most likely be first to move out. However I won't be going to uni until 2016 (providing I get the grades and still want to go - that is!)

Last edited:
Back