• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doris and Pepper say bring on the snow!!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Today (in between coats of preservative on the run), I built their new bedroom.
I needed to find a way to keep them warm without wasting loads of hay, as they tend to pee in their bed...!

So I bought this, put lino on the floor, carpet on the roof, chopped the legs a bit so they can still sit on top, and stuffed loads of straw between the bed and hutch walls.

Now if they eat/pee in their bed they will still be warm. I have big sheets of bubble wrap to cover the outside of the hutch when it gets really cold.

Feeling quite pleased :)

061ca061a0c8e765f9d8e04a66842384.jpg

c2329f13bb0e4244d532ca668e83fd0c.jpg

Unfortunately they were too busy investigating to pose for the photo...

Looks very cosy :D

I remember it being the bane of my life keeping the rabbits warm in winter when they were outside! I had a massive sheet of bubble wrap that no matter how many nails and staples I put through it to hold it to the hutch it always blew off :roll: I think I also taped those cheap disposable hand warmers to the outside of the hutch one particularly cold winter during the snow! I was so paranoid about the cold! That's definitely one thing I don't miss about having our door bunnies!

Back