• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding/fostering

Serge

New Kit
Does anyone know of any cheap boarding or fostering available for 2 rabbits needed immediately?
If not would anyone be willing to adopt them?

Does anyone know of any cheap boarding or fostering available for 2 rabbits needed immediately?

It would be a good idea to post a few more details. What kind of price are you looking at paying per week? How long would you be looking at boarding/fostering them? Can you deliver them or would they need to be collected? Would you still cover vets bills, food, etc?

Also pics are really helpful.

Good luck. I hope you find a solution soon.

It would be a good idea to post a few more details. What kind of price are you looking at paying per week? How long would you be looking at boarding/fostering them? Can you deliver them or would they need to be collected? Would you still cover vets bills, food, etc?

Also pics are really helpful.

Good luck. I hope you find a solution soon.

They are a 2 year old female spayed mini lop and a 3 year old neutered lionhead and they are both up to date with their vaccines. Need to be boarded for 3 months perhaps longer. Will be willing to deliver them to anywhere that will take them. And yes I will still cover the cost of all their food + vet bills.

Offloading your rabbits is not easy, as there are so many unwanted ones. What will you do if you can't find anyone to take them off your hands at such short notice?

Offloading your rabbits is not easy, as there are so many unwanted ones. What will you do if you can't find anyone to take them off your hands at such short notice?

Well I'm a student with limited funds and about to be homeless so I have no idea what I could do with them. Ideally I'd prefer to not lose them permanently.

You might (will probably) get a discount if you're boarding for a long period. It would give you something if you need somewhere immediate and give you a bit longer to work out something more permanent. Cost wise, if you can find a friend or someone to care for them with you just covering costs that's going to be more practical. If no one here offers you could try a notice in your local vet practice - see if that comes up with anyone.

To be honest, as a rabbit boarder myself, I would be worried if I knew that someone wanted to board their rabbits with me who was also thinking of rehoming them.

I had a case a few years ago when a lady did just that .. didn't come back to collect her rabbit!

Back