• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Notes for bunny sitter

Jacq

Warren Scout
A few days ago I read a post that mentioned having a folder that contained all info relating to the rabbit and which could be given to a pet sitter. I've searched for it but unable to find it. I am away for two days and can arrange for a sitter who will spend an hour with the bunnies to feed, clean litter trays and fuss them( they are house rabbits). It is a professional service and she has owned rabbits herself but I wanted to make sure that I have everything covered.
I have contact numbers for vet and emergency vet but would be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of the previous post or give me some ideas on what to include besides feeding.
Thanks

I have a bunny folder for my pet sitter, I did write on a thread about it so might have been me?
Quite a few people have bunny folders though :lol:

Mine has the vet contacts, contact of a boarding place if she can't look after them for any reason, my number, and OH number.

It has a list of the foods they like. Also has lists of regular foods, and treats etc.

It has their routine on a page.

I then have a section for each rabbit. It has a picture of each of them, their age, weight etc.
Also has a page of their likes and dislikes (2 of mine like being stroked, 1 does sometimes, and the other hates it and will hide for ages if you try) etc.
I also have a checklist for any meds they're on, and I add the easiest way to give the meds (particular foods for each bun).

There's also a checklist page for general observing/checking of the buns.
That's all I can think of at the moment :lol:

Ive got a rabbit/hamster folder, each bun has their own section.
-name, age, cage, food brand, favorite type of hay, states water bottle or bowl as one has bottle and one has bowl then the vets number and emergency number with the name of the vet we use at the practise

-likes/dislikes, favorite toys, things to do, stroke/dont, food amounts, treats if any, fibafirst, hay (and in bold it says
unlimited lol)
I also have a bit about calming Bella down as sometimes she gets scared by loud noises where as Binky doesn't but I like to calm her down and reassure her

Then its got a page of weights, which come in handy because you can track it week to week and it could show up any signs of weight loss as a symptom of anything brewing

Then I have a page with their other bits and bobs ive added in since writing out the folder and some educational rwaf leaflets tucked into the back of the folder incase I go away or something and family are looking after them, so they can read them, or to help improve someone elses buns life to give friendly advice:)

Thanks, that's great, it looks like it might have been your post I was looking at.

Thanks, that's great, it looks like it might have been your post I was looking at.
I made mine because my pet sitter has never looked after rabbits before. But she's willing to learn.
I've spent a few days with her showing her the basics so the folder is just for a refresh if she's not sure etc.

I also direct my OH to it on the rare occasion that he's left in charge :lol:

Thanks aaammmyyy, I have an idea now on what to put in, and it means I won't forget anything when I have the pre visit.

Back