• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't afford them anymore

I've been in the exact same situation as you - it's horrible, you have my sympathy. I can now afford Alfie, but only Alfie. Which means he's now a single rabbit. It sucks :(

It doesn't make you a horrible, nasty person. Not in the slightest.

*hugs*

No it doesnt make you a horrible person at all and the fact you are evn thinking that. I have a horrible decision to make too and its just heartbreaking isnt it :cry:

I am so sorry :( it doesn't make you horrible, if you were horrible you wouldn't care and you clearly do or you wouldn't be beating yourself up about it :(

I can't imagine how hard it is to have so many buns on longterm meds.

I hope you can find a solution *hugs*

Having been in that exact situation myself I can totally empathise. I was so very lucky to have unbelievable help from a very good friend and her husband. Had that not occurred I would no longer have any Rabbits. Some would have had to be PTS, others rehomed. It is a torturous situation to be in and I wish I could offer you some practical help. No way are you evil or nasty.

xx

You are a good person that is broke. We could all be in that situation at any time, any single one of us facing that decision. I had to foster this time to get a friend for Bandit. If James lost his job no idea what we would have done. We could be in that position in the future.

Hugs xxxxx

You are a good person that is broke. We could all be in that situation at any time, any single one of us facing that decision. I had to foster this time to get a friend for Bandit. If James lost his job no idea what we would have done. We could be in that position in the future.

Hugs xxxxx

^^ this! it can happen to anyone. You could afford them when you took them on and now you can't. Doesn't make you a horrible person, I'm sure you will do your best for them!

I dread if this happens to me cos it could happen to anyone. It's one of my worst nightmares. So no it certainly doesn't make you a bad person

You aren't horrible, evil or nasty at all, it could happen to any of us :cry: I'm so sorry you are in this position :cry:

No way!! You're a good person in a position that could happen to anyone; and I am so sorry. This has to be heartbreaking and I'm thinking of you. Don't speak negatively about yourself, this wasn't your choice.

Edited to add: I only have one bunny and often see articles that make me feel bad for that, but reality is, I can't afford another, nor do I really have room...I do the best I can and think she's happy...

Last edited:
Bless, you are in a position that any one of us could find ourselves in.. Dont be hard on yourself, at least you are honest :love:

(((((((((Hugs))))))))) I know exactly how that feels. Being unable to afford them isn't a choice though. It is nothing to do with who you are. I know you love your bunnies with all of your being, and do everything in your power to keep them happy and healthy. You are an amazing person. I hope you can find a way through this xxx

Back