• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Moving house with Moe

Moe Celery

New Kit
Hi every bunny!
I have a 6 mth old mini lop bunny (Moe carrots)
I am moving house this weekend and want to reduce his stress. I have taken over a few of his things so his room smells like him but I think he is a bit unnerved that all his hidey holes (aka under my bed) have been taken away. He is currently flopped on his favourite spot but his little nose is going a hundred to one. It's also quite warm here ( I live in Kalgoorlie Australia), so I wasn't sure if it is the changes or the heat? I have put quite a few icy bottles around for him but he seems to avoid them and just stay on the tiles. Any way i can reduce his stress or cool him further?
Thanks!

Hi every bunny!
I have a 6 mth old mini lop bunny (Moe carrots)
I am moving house this weekend and want to reduce his stress. I have taken over a few of his things so his room smells like him but I think he is a bit unnerved that all his hidey holes (aka under my bed) have been taken away. He is currently flopped on his favourite spot but his little nose is going a hundred to one. It's also quite warm here ( I live in Kalgoorlie Australia), so I wasn't sure if it is the changes or the heat? I have put quite a few icy bottles around for him but he seems to avoid them and just stay on the tiles. Any way i can reduce his stress or cool him further?
Thanks!

Do you have a fan you can put on? We use those in summer and just helps to create a cooler breeze. Also you could try dampening his ears - that helps too with the heat. Do you have a cardboard box that you can fix so he can hide away? Tiles are great though - ours love their tiles.

Hello

Try to keep his daily routine as normal as possible- eg feed him at the same time as usual and in the same place as usual. If he has no-where to hide now then perhaps provide him with an upturned cardboard box with a 'door' cut out. He may retreat under that.

If you have a few ceramic tiles lying around somewhere then putting them in the freezer to chill and then placing them on the floor where Moe rests could help cool him down

Also, you can damp down his ears and the back of his neck using cool water.

Good luck with the move !

Thanks so much guys! I think it was a combination so I bought him an air con. He is settling into his new house well, first time he has had a garden and he is binkying all over the place! He's my little garden possum today!

Back