• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've made a decision...

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I've been struggling with working out when would be best to adopt a new boyfriend for Lilly. Not right away because I'm not ready, I'm a bit traumatised after all that has happened :(

The week after next I start quite an intense 8 weeks so I can't sneak any time off in case I need to be at home to monitor a fragile bond. I feel very guilty that lilly will have to be alone for that long, she goes nuts for attention right now which is lovely but I associate it with her being lonely with no one there so the presence of people is a relief that she has company again so she gets all excited (probably reading too much into it...)

After these 8 weeks I have 2 weeks off so I can be there day and night for bonding...

So I've decided I will either look to adopt a boy bunny to bring home on the 19th Dec and bond myself OR the weekend before take Lilly for bonding and collect them on the 19th Dec

I need to balance my emotions, my schedule and Lilly's welfare and I think that regardless of whether I'm completely ready mid December then is definitely the best time, and I don't want to prolong Lilly's loneliness

That felt like a very big decision....

That sounds like a very well thought out decision to me and I'm sure Lilly will be happy with your company for a few weeks. Good luck finding a new husbun for her and I really hope that you have some better luck this time around as both and Lilly really deserve it xx

Look forward to hearing about your new addition, once you have found him. Hopefully Lilly will have love for Christmas :love:

Thanks both :)

I've thought about it quite a lot, it's definitely the best time. The only issue is that we'll be going away for 3-4 days over Christmas to my parents' but a car journey will only consolidate their bond better, plus I can take the pen there and keep space reduced even when there so it shouldn't be an issue, unless new bunny gets ill. Other than that though it's a good time, and the fact I get to be home to monitor them will mean my stress levels will be a lot less

I keep looking on rabbit rehome :oops: I'm definitely still not ready for a bunny and I think choosing one will be a horrible experience because I'll be so paranoid that whoever I rescue will get ill and die on me again :( I'll get my confidence up eventually hopefully and then I'll be able to choose a suitable boy for Lilly and for me in time for mid-December :)

I think you've made a very well thought out choice. :) You've been through an awful lot in such a short time so I hope that it all works out for you and Lilly and that Christmas brings you the joy of a wonderful new husbun for her. :love: xxxx

:) I can imagine you feel better with a plan and it sounds like a good one.
Nose rubs to Lilly. x

Sounds like a good plan :thumb: I'm sure everything will be fine this time, you were just incredibly unlucky before :cry:

I definitely do feel better with a plan :) I can start counting down the weeks now... 9 weeks today :)

I'm still going to be so nervous when I rescue, but I'll feel better that I can stay at home all day too

I'll probably start to seriously look at rescue centres in about 4-5 weeks, then I should have 4 weeks for home check and organising to pick bunny up or bonding

I'm so naughty, I've been browsing rabbits in need and rabbit rehome :oops: there's already three boys I'm going to keep my eye on :oops: wish I could adopt all the bunnies.... :(

I'm sure the next 9 weeks will go very fast what with it being the lead up to Christmas and the fact that I'll be very very busy

Back