• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tunnel into Run

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone! :wave: So im still on my Wendy House project, and have had the idea of having a tunnel attached so the bunnies can access the run that way, rather than leaving the door wide open. Plus that would mean I can change my plans slightly and have a more open area in front of the wendy house, rather than attaching the run directly to it. My OH thinks I'm making the whole thing too complicated but I know it makes sense to me ;) Im just drawing up some new plans now which I will add to my Wendy House thread later!:thumb:

Anyway my question is, where can I get a thick / sturdy tunnel, which is big enough for buns to run through and about 5ft long? And also, would you mesh around it / or encase it in some way? X

Any pics of your set ups with tunnel access runs would be fab! Thanks :D x

I got mine from Runaround - have a look at their website, they've got all sorts of products. I was a bit confused with all the choice so I emailed and told them what I wanted and they told me which products to order.

1525303_10152812194635439_2196753685576006595_n.jpg

from - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?422663-Floki-the-wild-baby-rabbit/page8

Ok thank you thats definitely the kind of thing Im after, it does seem quite expensive though... I have just spent over £90 on other run materials so might have to wait a bit or find a cheaper alternative. I obviously want it to be really secure though! Does anyone know anywhere on ebay or elsewhere for the pipe? I could then just buy the doors perhaps? xx Thanks :):love:

Another vote for runaround here!

Ok thank you thats definitely the kind of thing Im after, it does seem quite expensive though... I have just spent over £90 on other run materials so might have to wait a bit or find a cheaper alternative. I obviously want it to be really secure though! Does anyone know anywhere on ebay or elsewhere for the pipe? I could then just buy the doors perhaps? xx Thanks :):love:

The problem is it'd be quite hard to find other pipes which are the same diameter and also have the same depth of ridges to allow them to be clamped into place. The runaround setup can be fairly expensive to begin with but they last well. I reckon it'd be best if you could wait and get it all from runaround to avoid any misfitting pieces.

Pretty sure the welfare hutch company do their own version of runaround. I'm not sure about prices though as I have indoor buns!

thanks for your help everyone! It does seem impossible to get any cheaper really, without buying a whole 50m length!! Although I am tempted to do that and sell it off in bits mind as clearly there is a gap in the market! :) ;):thumb: or more likely Id end up keeping it all and the buns would have the most elaborate and expensive tunnel network ever!!!! :roll:

Hi there,

I'm planning similar within the avairy setup I'm building (although I keep changing my mind..;)

Good luck, would love to see pictures :-D

Xx

I got mine from the local tramworks: if you've any infrastructure projects near you (anything road-build-y, really), have a look for the 6" pipes lying around and go and ask: they're usually willing to give the offcuts away for free! Otherwise I'd be interested in partaking in the 50m share :)

I got mine from the local tramworks: if you've any infrastructure projects near you (anything road-build-y, really), have a look for the 6" pipes lying around and go and ask: they're usually willing to give the offcuts away for free! Otherwise I'd be interested in partaking in the 50m share :)

hmm good idea,,, there is a gravel works, maybe they will have some?! might go peak through the fence at the weekend. :roll:lol x

There are new pipes being laid outside my house, noise and mess been terrible but I've been making the men cakes and taking out to them every few days. At the weekend I mentioned my shed being delivered for new rabbit house and asked where I could buy that big black piping stuff they have as it would be great for connecting run and shed............................. New shed comes on Monday and black piping this weekend from my new pals. ;) So away and get cake friendly with the gravel works for a week or 2 then ask the question!!

There are new pipes being laid outside my house, noise and mess been terrible but I've been making the men cakes and taking out to them every few days. At the weekend I mentioned my shed being delivered for new rabbit house and asked where I could buy that big black piping stuff they have as it would be great for connecting run and shed............................. New shed comes on Monday and black piping this weekend from my new pals. ;) So away and get cake friendly with the gravel works for a week or 2 then ask the question!!

haha... snap... I waited until darkness and went for a walk and picked a length up

haha... snap... I waited until darkness and went for a walk and picked a length up
We're thinking of doing that with the ones that've been left for weeks. Matt saw the new twin-walled pipes on-site the other day and said if we could get hold of that we could have the run and hutch ANYWHERE in the garden! I think I've got about 25' in total now...

I keep driving around and looking and cant see any anywhere! :censored:!! Plus my car cost me £250 last saturday so definitely cant afford to buy the new set up from Welfare Hutches or Runaround at the min :( I peeked in the gravel works but cant see any and Im too scared to go in and ask lol :( If anyone knows where I can get some in Surrey let me know, I'm desperate!!!! :lol:

http://www1.surreycc.gov.uk/highways/default.aspx shows you where the roadworks are :) Unfortunately you can't filter by type exactly, but if you click into each area and then on each in the resulting list, you can see where the major digging works are. Avoid 'surface works' but anything by people who deal with cables might be worthwhile checking. Even water and gas works may need to move large cables so will need to replace ducting? Or, if you can, go and ask in the council depot if they've any lying about :) You're unlikely to get anywhere emailing or ringing up because some admin monkey (like me ;P) will tell you it all has to be disposed of because that's the law or somesuch.

Back