• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was sold a male and female

jean76

New Kit
Was sold different sex rabbits. Was ment to be 2 males. I got them at 9weeks from a pet shop/educational shop where she takes animals round to different youth groups, does anyone know if I can claim against her. I went out to find a nest with 6 babies. Thanks

I would certainly raise the issue and ask what they will do to solve the problem. I know a bit chain tends to offer neutering vouchers and sometimes extra housing when they miss-sex to help with the babies. I imagine a lot of places will have disclaimers, it really depends on the individual/business you bought from.

I asked her if she would make some sort of contribution towards it. But shes not interested in helping and I wasnt sure if I had any sort of claim against her.

It's a tough one, do you have receipts that you was sold two males? Might have some sort of claim if you do?

Last edited:
I asked her if she would make some sort of contribution towards it. But shes not interested in helping and I wasnt sure if I had any sort of claim against her.

It depends on where you got them I guess, when I got my two the breeder made sure that I knew its difficult to sex baby bunnies and they guessed they were both male after a good look. Luckily they were right, breeders are private so often won't take the bunnies back if they aren't what you wanted.

What is your plan now that you have the babies and male and female?

Just to add, rabbits can become pregnant again immediately after giving birth so it's possible you could have a second litter due in four weeks - I'm presuming you didn't remove dad until you found the litter as you didn't know there were boy-girl.

Back