• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help need about Mixy

hello

im a new rabbit owner, dont know alot but i have had a rabbit since July from a very good breeder, well its eyes have become as i describe sleepy, he seems a little subdued, been like this since yesterday, he is not vaccinated, i took him to the vet today and the vet looked at his eyes and his male bits and said Mixy , im due to have him put down tom and im just concerned that the vet is wrong, as the only thing that has changed is that my ponyies are now in the stables at night and there is a bit more dust,as he is in a spare stable and due to the weather hes not been in his run out side, he has been given antibiotic and eye cream and has picked up? am i clutching at straws? do i tell my little girl hes going to the clouds in the sky? any help would be useful thank u x

we live in a very wooded area!

Is your vet rabbit savvy? Maybe you could get a second opinion? Can you post a photo of your rabbit's eyes?

Hi,

If you're in doubt of the savvyness of your vet, then don't rush into anything as you may end up regretting it. If it turns out he has mxyomatosis and he isn't vaccinated then yes, the prognosis is not good, but it isn't necessarily mxyo. If you're not sure on the vet's diagnosis, you could post your location and someone may be able to recommend a more experienced vet for you.

Can you post a picture? Is he still eating, drinking and pooing/weeing?

Last edited:
Back