• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's wrong with people!?

Hi all! I haven't been on here for ages!

My sister came in this morning and asked if I'd seen what one of our friends had posted on Facebook. I hadn't so I went and had a look-see. The friend works in an inner city farm in London where we used to live (I'm in Cambridgeshire now) and there were 3 rabbits left outside the gates this morning. Her post was basically asking if anyone could have them otherwise her manager was going to kill them this afternoon! And remember this is a FARM that is supported by a charity and they have rabbits and other small animals there for the public to look at! What's wrong with people! I obviously don't condone just leaving unwanted rabbits anywhere, but I'm assuming that the people who did leave them thought that they would be looked after by the farm that has rabbits there for children to pet. And the worst thing is that this isn't the first horror story from the place.

It just makes me so angry!

Oh, and before anyone worries I'm having the three buns! Luckily enough, friends who still live near there are coming to visit tomorrow so the friend who works at the farm is going to take them home with her tonight and drop them off to the visiting friends tomorrow! I'll post some pics when they arrive!

3buns_zpsc9618a15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How could anyone hurt them!?

Poor little Bunnies :cry: Thank goodness that you are able to help them :love: I think I know the Farm you are referring to :evil:

It's just lucky that friends were coming to visit tomorrow or I would have had no way of getting them! I can't believe that he was going to kill perfectly healthy rabbits (2 babies!) instead of looking after them or finding a new home... Girl who worked there took it upon herself to find somewhere for them.

:love:.. Awww wee souls.. Good on you for rescuing them. I have no words for that other person....:censored:

How could anyone even consider hurting those adorable little bundles. I hope they are in good health and not been too neglected. Will you find them new homes or keep them?

Well done for taking them on, it's so nice to see a story like this end well for the bunnies. They have had a rough start but will now be some of the best cared for bunnies in the country :)

Aaw thanks everyone!

They arrived safely this morning - their box safe-belted in to the back seat of my friend's car. They're so lovely and friendly!

It makes me even more sad to think about what almost happened because they were obviously looked after and are in really good condition, so I think their old owners assumed they would be looked after by the 'animal loving' farm.

The two babies have already climbed all over me and the male (who isn't very old himself) began licking my hand as soon as I picked him up. Pics are from minutes after I got them out of the car. :)

2014-10-16114618_zps4cefa5bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-10-16114621_zpsafac1f2d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-10-16114625_zps40cc82f7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-10-16114641_zpsc6c1673f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know - it makes me so angry to think that they might have been killed! They're absolutely lovely and so friendly, and obviously very well-handled.

My theory is that someone had two rabbit that were mis-sexxed, ended up with babies and left the male and 2 of the babies outside the farm because they thought they'd be looked after (the farm is a city farm that has a child's petting section).

So happy to have them though - they'll fit right in!

They're off for a vet trip on Monday for their vaccinations :D

Back