• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think tonight...

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
...i'm going to have to attempt cutting Milo and Finn's nails.

They hate it :lol: Milo doesn't like it but tolerates it a little, Finn is going to be a nightmare. Wish me luck :lol:

Bella tolerates it and Binky doesn't, and I need to cut them too:(

Good luck! :thumb:

I'm more not looking forward to the evil eyes I'm going to get afterwards, they don't trust me for the whole evening afterwards. Might have to have some parsley on had as an apology. :(

I'm more not looking forward to the evil eyes I'm going to get afterwards, they don't trust me for the whole evening afterwards. Might have to have some parsley on had as an apology. :(
I have to do about three claws a week to actually get anywhere :roll: :lol:

Hope they accept your parsley apology! :lol:

I have to do about three claws a week to actually get anywhere :roll: :lol:

Hope they accept your parsley apology! :lol:

''I'm sorry for my misdeeds, I bring gifts of parsley and basil in the hopes that you will shower me with forgiveness!'' *grovel grovel*

"Im sorry that I abused the trust you gave me and clipped your claws, its for your own good!" :lol:

It amazes me really that even though they really hate having their nails clipped they still don't ever try to bite me. Not even once have they ever tried *touch wood* you would think it would be the ''go to'' reaction if they really didn't like it and couldn't get away but they haven't! Poor lambs. x

It amazes me really that even though they really hate having their nails clipped they still don't ever try to bite me. Not even once have they ever tried *touch wood* you would think it would be the ''go to'' reaction if they really didn't like it and couldn't get away but they haven't! Poor lambs. x

I think they must know that they still trust you and you aren't trying to hurt them, they just feel annoyed that you won ;)

My first rabbit only had her claws cut once, she spent loads of time outside so they used to wear down...I have no clue why B&B's dont!

Hopefully you haven't jinxed never being bitten! :lol:

I think they must know that they still trust you and you aren't trying to hurt them, they just feel annoyed that you won ;)

My first rabbit only had her claws cut once, she spent loads of time outside so they used to wear down...I have no clue why B&B's dont!

Hopefully you haven't jinxed never being bitten! :lol:

Me too! That's all I need :lol:

I'm sure it will be alright, if not I might have to rope the OH into helping. If Finn wasn't such a grumpy git I wouldn't be as worried! He flails around like I'm trying to kill him. Then the next minute he's got his paws on my legs like ''O hai mum, pellet maybe?''

Me too! That's all I need :lol:

I'm sure it will be alright, if not I might have to rope the OH into helping. If Finn wasn't such a grumpy git I wouldn't be as worried! He flails around like I'm trying to kill him. Then the next minute he's got his paws on my legs like ''O hai mum, pellet maybe?''

Easily forgiven as long as theres food;)

Well. That didn't go so well...:oops:

Milo and Finn played up and wouldn't sit still at all, I ended up having to use a blanket and wrap them up to enable me to get to their claws, I managed to cut most of them down but I couldn't get to their dew claws and Finns front claws weren't done very well. He was a nightmare, even with my OH helping me.

Maybe I'll have to go back to the drawing board :roll: it's either the vets next time or I'm going to have to get something to help them naturally file down, like a cement tile maybe? I don't know.

Milo was totally disgraced and isn't talking to me :lol: they both went back into the enclosure and got parsley as an apology, oh dear, it's all a bit of a shambles!

Well I think you're all very brave for trying, I'm afraid it's pedicures at the vets for mine, still she does both for £10 so not to bad

Well I think you're all very brave for trying, I'm afraid it's pedicures at the vets for mine, still she does both for £10 so not to bad

If I can I'd prefer to do it myself as both hate the vet trip and vets in general! But if I can't do it properly it's going to have to happen I guess! Those bunnies are challenging! I'm very careful and I've never nicked the quick but you're always afraid that you will!

I sympathise! My two need doing and tbh I've been putting it off. I know I have to do it but they are being really friendly and afterwards they will hate me for weeks! I'm thinking of trying to do a couple of claws everyday to make it less of a big thing but don't know if that will just prolong the pain? Ho hum.

It's a nightmare isn't it?
We've been torturing our two for a year now. It's still a two person job.
Waffles is now accepting and waits patiently for the banana at the end
DP constantly tries to squirm and lick his way out of it
And we still can't do dew claws so they're done at the vets every six months along with vaccs and rabbit awareness week health check

It's a nightmare isn't it?
We've been torturing our two for a year now. It's still a two person job.
Waffles is now accepting and waits patiently for the banana at the end
DP constantly tries to squirm and lick his way out of it
And we still can't do dew claws so they're done at the vets every six months along with vaccs and rabbit awareness week health check

Yeah this is what I'm going to do I think, they aren't due vaccinations until April but I figure as long as they're not causing a problem I can have them done then.

Until then I'm going to get a cement tile to put into the enclosure, hopefully walking on that will help their claws stay down.

Well. That didn't go so well...:oops:

Milo and Finn played up and wouldn't sit still at all, I ended up having to use a blanket and wrap them up to enable me to get to their claws, I managed to cut most of them down but I couldn't get to their dew claws and Finns front claws weren't done very well. He was a nightmare, even with my OH helping me.

Maybe I'll have to go back to the drawing board :roll: it's either the vets next time or I'm going to have to get something to help them naturally file down, like a cement tile maybe? I don't know.

Milo was totally disgraced and isn't talking to me :lol: they both went back into the enclosure and got parsley as an apology, oh dear, it's all a bit of a shambles!
Oh dear!

Bella just came out for her breakfast and I let her eat as I clipped, I got all the claws on one of her front paws done so maybe if I get her out every morning for the next 3 days to do the other 3 paws one at a time she might be a bit more tolerant! :lol:
Binky didn't want to come out, I think she knew! :lol:

Oh dear!

Bella just came out for her breakfast and I let her eat as I clipped, I got all the claws on one of her front paws done so maybe if I get her out every morning for the next 3 days to do the other 3 paws one at a time she might be a bit more tolerant! :lol:
Binky didn't want to come out, I think she knew! :lol:
I bet she knew! They seem to have a 6th sense about these things.

Back