• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Looking for an Old Chap

Aww what a lovely lad, if only I had the space but it would not be fair on my other buns. I hope he can get a good forever home.

Hes bloody gorgeous! :love::love:

Just too far away :( Ive double checked and would be 4 h 58 mins/ 290 miles One way.. :(

Drat!

Im not sure how a bun run would work, or whether it would be stressful on him (Taking into account his age).. I wish we could give them all a home and they lived closer! :(

Felix is absolutely adorable and so deserves a forever home for his final years.

If it helps I would start the bunny run of by going and collecting him and can bring him back to mine in the midlands.

I could then probably travel him further the next day if someone could then meet me.

Im not sure how a bun run would work, or whether it would be stressful on him (Taking into account his age).. I wish we could give them all a home and they lived closer! :(

I doubt a bunny run would be anymore stressful then Felix suddenly finding himself in a rescue at his age. I personally think rabbits travel better and settle down on longer journeys.

As long as he was in an appropriate size carrier or box, warm and comfortable with hay, water, food and a teddy, I would have thought he'd be fine and he could have a sleepover at mine.

If you were interested in having him, maybe pm the rescue to find out how he travels.

Oh wow that is so kind of you! Thank you! Ill email and ask them about him, fingers firmly crossed!:thumb::thumb:

Oh wow that is so kind of you! Thank you! Ill email and ask them about him, fingers firmly crossed!:thumb::thumb:

Where actually are you? I hate the thought of Felix being in a rescue at his age. He must be wondering what on earth is going on and where has his owner and previous home gone.

I feel so sad for him, if you don't have him I think I would have to. I haven't got a female to bond him with though. Your bun is so beautiful but looked sad and a bit lost in your photo.

If you really want to have Felix, he can rest and sleepover at mine and then to minimise his stress with changeovers, then I will drive him all the way to you, so he doesn't have to be disturbed by changing cars when he might be sleeping.

I really don't mind. I'd love to help him into a new home with a friend before christmas.

Thank goodness Jack's Jane saw him.

Last edited:
Where actually are you? I hate the thought of Felix being in a rescue at his age. He must be wondering what on earth is going on and where has his owner and previous home gone.

I feel so sad for him, if you don't have him I think I would have to. I haven't got a female to bond him with though. Your bun is so beautiful but looked sad and a bit lost in your photo.

If you really want to have Felix, he can rest and sleepover at mine and then to minimise his stress with changeovers, then I will drive him all the way to you, so he doesn't have to be disturbed by changing cars when he might be sleeping.

I really don't mind. I'd love to help him into a new home with a friend before christmas.

Roger rabbit you are amazing.

Love to Violet x

Im up in Thornton Cleveleys (near Blackpool) on the NW Coast. I really hope they get back and we are suitable, thats so so nice of you but thats such a long long drive. Maybe we could meet or something? Then just one change over? I cant believe hes in a rescue at that age either, so sad the poor old gent.

That is such a wonderful offer!

It's really upset me the thought of a bunny the age of Felix suddenly ending up in rescue. I'm still of work and so have got the time and a car to drive him.

I'm just really glad Jack's Jane posted about him or we might not have known about him. I do love big white bunnies.

Can't wait for the rescue to reply and really hope it's good news, and can then plan the journey. I've got nothing on next week, so hopefully Felix won't be in rescue for more than a few days.

Next week would be brilliant for me actually because a good friend is of sick following surgery, and he suggested us doing something one day next week, and going out for a meal, so what better day out could there be then to go on an adventure with Felix.

Im up in Thornton Cleveleys (near Blackpool) on the NW Coast. I really hope they get back and we are suitable, thats so so nice of you but thats such a long long drive. Maybe we could meet or something? Then just one change over? I cant believe hes in a rescue at that age either, so sad the poor old gent.

If you were able to do that, that would be great and I'm sure the one changeover would be fine. Can't wait for the rescue to get back to you.

Ive sent it and im Soooo anxious about the reply! Ive just realised i forgot a photo of Loona in the email! How could i, ack!

Thank you so much for offering such a great help, im so amazed and shocked. Fingers crossed .. Ive got this aweful gut feeling they will say we live too far and refuse. I hope not!

Sent (Too many) Pics ... Including this one i found.. She looks so pretty in it!

1604563_633123740140577_6239505924323364199_n.jpg

She is so beautiful. I googled the journey and am pleased to say that Blackpool is only 2 and a half hrs away, which I think is perfectly doable. I wouldn't stop on the way to you, but on the drive back could have a couple of stops at places that look nice.

Would you be ok with meeting at Blackpool?

I don't think they will say you are to far away. I think lots of rescues rehome nationally and only want what's best for the bun.

Last edited:
Back