• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Secret Santa 2014- Parcels that have arrived are on post 54- pics onwards....

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Chcek this post for details of parcels that have arrived: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...pics-onwards&p=6489152&viewfull=1#post6489152

Members, please have a read of the following and feel free to ask any questions if you're unsure of anything. If you would like to sign up to be a Secret Santa please PM Amy & Amber by November 30th 2014. Members will be matched to rescues as soon as possible after this date, then Amy & I will PM you all with details of your allocated rescue & the date your parcels need to be sent by.

What is Secret Santa?
The Rescue Secret Santa has taken place on RU for many years. The idea came about as members often wished to donate gifts to rabbit rescues at Christmas but, with so many deserving causes, members couldn't afford to send gifts to all rescues and also found it difficult to choose just one to donate to.

Secret Santa works by matching up rescues to individuals who wish to send an anonymous gift to a nominated rescue; Santas are allocated as fairly as possible, so that each rescue benefits just as much as the next. You do not get to choose your rescue, but each cause is deserving.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us! And also it helps put a smile on the rescuers faces, seeing the bunnies enjoy the gifts.

How much is it?
There has never, and will never be price restrictions on Secret Santa. Some gifts may be larger than others but they're all appreciated just as much and it's the thought that counts. Remember, your gifts don't even have to cost you more than a few pounds, you can make "crackers" with hay and brown paper, dry your own bunny safe leaves, make bunny biscuits or even just empty your loose change pot and turn it into a voucher at your local supermarket via their coin machines. Secret Santa has no rules on price, or gifts as long as they help the rescue, because what's the point in restricting good will?

How will I know the rescue has got my present if its a secret?
You get assigned a code which must go in your present, this way the rescue can let me know they have received gift "035" for example. If you buy your presents online and send direct, please ask them to do this for you.

Finally, here's last years goodies thread to give you some ideas. :love:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?408408

Last edited:
Brilliant!

If you need a hand with anything let me know:thumb:

It would be great if nearer the time the rescues could perhaps say what they use the most?

I seem to remember bin bags, rubber gloves & kitchen roll was top of the list last year? :D:thumb:

Last edited:
4 rescues so far keep them coming :wave:

Maybe the rescues could put on here what they'd like? :D so the Santas know what kind of items to collect ready for Father Christmas coming!

Last edited:
:love: I'd just like to say thank you once again to Karen and Amy for organising Secret Santa for the rescue bunnies. Our (RSPCA Walsall) bunnies had some lovely parcels last year from RU, we really do appreciate the kindness :love: x

Do I need to send a PM to be a Santa or is just the rescues who need to make contact at this stage - I've been picking up a few bits and bobs so hope I'm not too late.

Rescues first and then I think there will be another announcement so you can register to play santa :)

Back