• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Jonm

Alpha Buck
How many times does a rabbit moult before winter?

A few weeks ago she finally stopped after looking like this for a while

10501862_10152763541775439_2829048217516227699_n.jpg

but yesterday she has started again on her head... and a small patch on her side now... :(

I think that if she has no bald patches and her fur is getting thicker as it starts getting colder she should be fine. Now (mid October) my rabbit still has a bit of moulting but his fur is starting to get thicker. Keep an eye on it ;)

What, you mean they actually stop moulting ...? :roll: :lol:

Mine were a mess, like yours (the neighbour asked what was wrong with them!) but now their fur is all one level again but they're still losing clumps out their bums - though the fur level has stayed the same. In the summer they had the thicker fur which was coming out in chunks and looked a mess, but they also had a smoother, shorter length fur. As I say, it's all grown back now though they still look a little tatty around their bottoms. I love plucking it out if they stand still long enough; it still comes out in sheets if I get the right bit, but no "bald" patches anymore.

What, you mean they actually stop moulting ...? :roll: :lol:

Mine were a mess, like yours (the neighbour asked what was wrong with them!) but now their fur is all one level again but they're still losing clumps out their bums - though the fur level has stayed the same. In the summer they had the thicker fur which was coming out in chunks and looked a mess, but they also had a smoother, shorter length fur. As I say, it's all grown back now though they still look a little tatty around their bottoms. I love plucking it out if they stand still long enough; it still comes out in sheets if I get the right bit, but no "bald" patches anymore.

lol sounds like mabel been in what seem forever moult all year, just as I think yes finally, a few days after you can guarantee more will come out, however as of yesterday and today im thinking yes maybe the mad moult is other for a while, I hope :shock:

Casserole and Dumplin's dad looks like this at the moment :shock: the line started at his shoulders and has run all the way down his back and sides :D this started at the end of August ish :shock:

Back