• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping gut going through moult

weedug

Mama Doe
Honey is having a huge moult just now, and I'm worried about her gut slowing down. There have been a couple of days that there haven't been many poos.

Is there anything I can give her to help, or would she need something from the vet? She already has a scoop of profibre pellets at lunchtime.

Do you groom her a couple of times a day ? That would prevent her from ingesting too much fur in the first place :)

Aside from that hay, hay and more hay, plenty of fluids and exercise will all promote good gut motility.

She has plenty to drink and exercise. I groom her twice a day after nebulising. The fur seems to brush out better when she's damp for some reason.

On the days she's not pooped much, she hasn't had much hay for some reason but is still eating fine.

Would fibreplex help? Or zantac?

If she's dry, wet your hands and run through her fur, same as when she's damp herself this removes loads more loose fur.

Back